Anyone who has been in a truck accident can attest to the devastation these collisions cause. Spilled cargo can back traffic up for hours. Other drivers can be seriously or fatally injured. Lives can be altered in seconds.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial implications of a semi-truck accident. A Sarasota semi-truck lawyer can handle your case with the empathy and tact it deserves. When you work with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, you can receive personalized legal care from our firm’s founding partners.
Call (941) 315-4404 for a free consultation. We will review your case, answer your questions, and advise you on how to move forward. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning that we do not request payment for our services unless we win your case.
Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents
For the most part, the causes of semi-truck accidents mirror those of passenger vehicle accidents. While some collisions are unavoidable, most accidents are the result of negligence, carelessness, or recklessness. A Sarasota semi-truck lawyer can help pinpoint the exact cause of the accident that caused your injuries. This will give them important information regarding who can be held financially accountable for your losses.
Examples of negligence, carelessness, or recklessness can include:
- Inexperience and incompetence. It is the trucking company’s responsibility to ensure that every driver is properly trained and competent. Failure to do so constitutes negligence.
- Driving drowsy or while under the influence. Trucking companies are required to prevent drowsy driving by providing adequate breaks and limiting drivers’ shifts. They must also conduct routine drug testing to make sure that their drivers do not threaten the safety of others while driving.
- Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions. Malfunctioning parts can cause drivers to lose control of their vehicles. In these instances, the trucking company, parts manufacturer, or the truck’s mechanic can be held legally responsible for any ensuing damages.
Determining the exact cause of your collision may require a thorough investigation that includes reading police reports, reviewing eyewitness accounts, and viewing video footage. You can call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to learn more.
Sarasota Semi-Truck Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
For a free legal consultation with a semi-truck lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 646-5468
Examples of Truck Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, semi-truck collisions are significantly more likely to result in devastating injuries than collisions involving passenger vehicles. Upon impact, the sheer size and weight of these vehicles can cause life-threatening injuries.
Common injuries resulting from semi-truck collisions include:
- Broken bones
- Deep lacerations
- Neck and spinal injuries
- Dismemberment and disfigurement
If you have been injured in a semi-truck accident, our team believes that you deserve compensation for your losses. A Sarasota semi-truck lawyer understands the state and federal laws that govern commercial trucks. They will be able to conduct an investigation into your collision and assign fault accordingly.
You can get in touch with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers by calling (941) 315-4404. Your first consultation is free.
Florida Semi-Truck Lawyer Near Me (855) 646-5468
We Can Address the Challenges Present in Your Case
Bringing a personal injury or wrongful death claim after a semi-truck accident can be complicated. Some of those challenges involve dealing with large corporations, assigning liability to multiple parties, and examining the state’s trucking regulations.
You may be able to hold the trucking company accountable for your losses under the principle of vicarious liability. However, in some circumstances, another party other than the trucking company could be held accountable for your damages. For instance, if a hazardous roadway caused or contributed to your accident, you could hold a government municipality responsible for your losses.
Establishing liability can be challenging, and your time to act is limited. Per Florida Statutes §95.11, claimants usually have a four-year window to file personal injury lawsuits. Yet, if you are filing a wrongful death lawsuit, you usually have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to act.
How a Sarasota Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help You
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our goal is to recover compensation for you and your loved ones. We treat all of our clients like family.
A lawyer from our firm can:
- Investigate the accident to establish liability
- Determine the exact cause of the accident through accident reports, video footage, and eyewitness testimony
- Review your expenses to determine what would constitute a fair settlement amount
- Negotiate with the liable parties
- Litigate your case, if necessary
Your legal team may be able to render assistance in ways not listed here. You can call our firm today to learn more.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Damages You May Be Able to Claim
The amount and types of damages you can recover will depend on your situation.
However, in the past, we have helped clients secure financial recovery for:
- Medical expenses. This includes doctors’ visits, emergency room visits, hospital stays, surgical procedures, and rehabilitation services.
- Pain and suffering. You could recover compensation for the emotional and physical distress of the accident.
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity. You may be able to receive reimbursement for your lost wages and lowered earning ability.
- Funeral and burial costs. If you lost a loved one in a semi-truck accident, you could seek compensation for your loved one’s funeral and burial service.
- Loss of consortium. If you lost a partner or spouse in a semi-truck accident, you could receive compensation for the loss of affection and society.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a semi-truck accident, you are not alone. You deserve an empathetic partner to fight for your legal rights.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Is Here for You
With over 1,200 cases settled in the past five years, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is ready to defend your legal interests, handle your case with fairness, and fight for a comprehensive financial settlement. Call (941) 315-4404 to learn more about how a Sarasota semi-truck lawyer can help you.