You should be able to expect a high standard of care from medical professionals. The negligent actions of healthcare workers can lead to serious injuries. If you were the victim of medical malpractice, our Port St. Lucie medical malpractice lawyer can handle your case.
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries due to a treatment error, misdiagnosis, or a form of malpractice, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you seek fair compensation for your case. We will prove the liability of the healthcare professional that caused you harm.
Our Port St. Lucie Medical Malpractice Lawyer Can Help You Recover Damages
Each medical malpractice case is different. The range of damages you can recover will depend on the specifics of your case. Our Port St. Lucie personal injury lawyer will review the details of your case and examine bills, income stubs, and medical records to prove how medical malpractice has impacted your life.
We may also bring in experts to assess the future damages that you may incur from your medical malpractice injuries. This way, we can help you recuperate both current and anticipated losses.
Some types of damages you may recover include:
- Medical care costs, including surgery, hospitalization, ambulance rides, and diagnostic tests
- Prescription medication expenses
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy expenses
- Current and future lost income
- Loss of earning potential
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Once we look through the facts of your case, we will be able to determine the full extent of losses you could be able to achieve compensation for.
Find a Port St. Lucie Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Our Medical Malpractice Attorney in Port St. Lucie, FL, Will Help Fight for Fair Compensation
In medical malpractice cases, it can be challenging to prove liability. Our team is prepared to handle all parts of the legal process to help you achieve the settlement you deserve.
- Draft, fill out, and submit all paperwork in a timely fashion
- Identify all liable parties responsible for causing you harm
- Collect evidence establishing the negligence of each at-fault party
- Handle communication with the at-fault party’s legal representation
- Relentlessly negotiate with the liable insurer for fair compensation
- File a lawsuit or take your case to trial if an out-of-court settlement is not possible
- Provide legal services on a contingency-fee basis — you owe us zero fees unless and until we win you compensation
Chalik & Chalik Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Port St. Lucie, FL, Can Demonstrate Liability
We have to prove that your injuries were caused by another party to seek compensation in a medical malpractice case. Liable parties could include a doctor, a nurse, or even the hospital that allowed the malpractice to occur.
Liability can be proven by establishing negligence. We will use an array of evidence to prove the four elements of negligence, which include:
- Duty of care: The at-fault medical provider or institution was obligated to provide you with a standard of care.
- Breach of duty of care: The at-fault party failed to uphold their responsibility of providing the approproate standard of care.
- Their breach of duty caused your injuries: Your injuries are a direct result of the at-fault party’s negligence.
- You suffered damages: The other party’s negligence caused you to suffer losses.
Depending on who the at-fault party is and how your injury occurred, we will access various materials to obtain evidence of negligence. These materials may include:
- Medical and hospital records
- Diagnostic testing records
- Healthcare documentation, such as policies and regulations
- Video and photographic evidence
- Expert witnesses
- Past reports of similar incidents against the at-fault medical professional or institution
- Witness statements
- Record of damages such as medical bills, pay stubs, and more
We will use any evidence you may have and gather other necessary evidence to demonstrate negligence.
Examples of Negligence in Medical Malpractice Cases
Malpractice can occur on many premises, such as doctor’s clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, and physical therapy centers. If your injuries result from a medical professional making an error or providing subpar care, you may have grounds for a medical malpractice case.
Some examples of negligence in medical malpractice cases include:
- Misdiagnosis or failure to accurately diagnose an illness. A delay or incorrect diagnosis can worsen the patient’s health condition and impede their recovery chances.
- Injuries to the mother or newborn during the different stages of pregnancy
- Administering a treatment or procedure improperly
- Failing to warn the patient of risks from a procedure or medication
- Incorrectly reading lab reports or failing to report their findings to you
- Any surgical errors, such as improper administration of anesthesia or recommending unnecessary surgical procedures that do not treat your health condition
- Prescribing the wrong medication or incorrect dosage
- Providing subpar after-care or follow-up procedures
If you have sustained injuries from the negligence of any medical professional, such as your attending physician, surgeon, anesthesiologist, nurse, or a medical institution like a hospital, consider contacting us so we can investigate your case.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Medical Malpractice Lawyer today
Do Not Wait to Take Legal Action Against a Negligent Healthcare Provider
You generally only have two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit against the medical provider whose negligence caused you harm, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b).
Consider contacting us right away so we can begin the process of filing a lawsuit. You could miss your opportunity to claim compensation if your lawsuit is not filed on time. Our team can explain any exceptions to the statute of limitations and help you file on time.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Port St. Lucie, call (855) 529-0269
Contact Us for a Free Consultation to Learn Your Legal Options
Call us for a risk-free consultation to learn more about working with our medical malpractice attorney serving Port St. Lucie, FL. You will have the opportunity to tell us about your injuries, find out about your legal options, and learn how we will help you seek a settlement.
We are here to answer any questions you have. Reach out to us today to get started.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269