When a healthcare worker’s negligence causes your child to suffer an injury, your family deserves justice. Our Port St. Lucie birth injury lawyer can build a case for you. Our team can prove that you deserve compensation for the losses your family endured because of your child’s birth injury.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will investigate the cause of the birth injury. We can help you pursue the settlement needed to cover your current and future losses, including medical expenses. We can guide you through the process of filing an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our Birth Injury Attorney in Port St. Lucie, FL, Can Manage Your Case
Our Port St. Lucie personal injury lawyer and legal team will dedicate our experience to helping your case reach a fair outcome. We will:
- Investigate your case to learn what happened
- Prove how the negligence occurred
- Identify all possible defendants who can be pursued for compensation
- Review your case and consult experts to understand the range of losses your child has suffered
- Tabulate the total cost of your claim, accounting for both current and future birth injury-related expenses
- Negotiate with the liable insurers and fight for a fair settlement
- File a lawsuit or take your case to trial if necessary to secure fair compensation
- Fill out and submit all paperwork on time
- Guide you through the legal process
Our comprehensive legal services are available to ensure you can focus on your child’s recovery. We will handle the legal technicalities of obtaining the financial relief you need.
Find a Port St. Lucie Birth Injury Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Damages You Can Collect in Your Birth Injury Case
You can recover compensation when someone else causes your child’s birth injury. When we build your case, we will take all your losses into account to help you reach fair compensation.
Your child may require immediate medical assistance as well as long-term care. You may have to quit jobs or work fewer hours to provide around-the-clock care. Thankfully, a lawsuit or an insurance claim could allow you to collect payment for the losses your family has experienced.
Generally, you can recover economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical costs of diagnosing and treating the birth injury
- Future medical expenses that include compensation for your child’s long-term care, medical equipment, or any modifications done to your vehicle or home to accommodate your child’s disability
- Tutoring or education expenses if your child has a learning or cognitive disability from the birth injury
- Any income you might have lost from taking time off work for your child’s caretaking
- Physical pain and suffering of your child
- Mental anguish
- Diminished life satisfaction
- Scarring and disfigurement
It can be difficult to determine future expenses and assign a value to non-economic losses such as pain and suffering. We will use our experience and consult experts to calculate an accurate value of your case.
Chalik & Chalik Birth Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Possible Liable Parties in Your Port St. Lucie Birth Injury Case
We must prove the liability of the at-fault party for you to recover compensation. The liable party could have been:
- The attending physician
- The hospital
- A nurse
- An anesthesiologist
- A physician’s assistant
Our birth injury lawyers serving Port St. Lucie, FL, will look at all individuals present during labor and delivery to find all potentially liable parties. We will then strive to reach a settlement from all parties that hold fault in causing you or your baby harm.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Birth Injury Lawyer today
Negligence Could Have Been the Cause of Your Child’s Birth Injury
To demonstrate the at-fault party’s negligence, we will use evidence to show:
- The at-fault party owed you and your baby a duty of care
- The at-fault party failed to uphold the expected duty of care
- Your baby suffered a birth injury because of the at-fault party’s negligence
- You and your baby suffered damages
We can use medical records and witness statements to prove that the other party’s negligence was the reason your child was injured.
Knowing the type of negligence behind your newborn’s birth injury is crucial to determine who holds liability. Some causes of birth injuries could include:
- The obstetrician using excessive force or incorrectly manipulating the baby’s body during delivery
- The obstetrician using improper vacuum extraction or forced delivery techniques, increasing the risk of a swollen scalp, facial scars, nerve damage, spinal cord injury, and even head trauma
- Failing to closely monitor high-risk pregnant women to ensure the mother and her baby aren’t in danger
- Failing to diagnose and treat conditions, such as prolapsed umbilical cord, that may place the baby at risk
- Failing to diagnose and treat any fetal infection
- Waiting too long to order a C-section when natural delivery isn’t a viable option
- Improper administration of epidural
We will investigate your prenatal care, labor, and delivery stages to see if the birth injury emanated from negligence. If so, our Port St. Lucie birth injury attorney will proceed to gather evidence and file a claim or lawsuit to get you compensated for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Port St. Lucie, call (855) 529-0269
The Deadline to Take Legal Action in Port St. Lucie
In Florida, you generally have two years to file a lawsuit for medical malpractice, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b). Sometimes there are exceptions to the statute of limitations. Your birth injury attorney can explain any changes to your filing deadline when they begin working on your case.
Reaching out to us right away will allow our birth injury lawyers to ensure all paperwork is filed before the deadline. We can preserve time-sensitive evidence and use it to strengthen your case.
Contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers for a Free Consultation
If a medical professional or facility has hurt your newborn baby, you should not have to struggle with shouldering the financial burden alone. When you contact our firm, we can explain your legal options for seeking compensation.
During your free consultation, we can listen to the details of your case and answer your questions. We can help you get the compensation you deserve. Call us today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269