Following any type of accident, if you are emotionally and physically able, collecting evidence from the scene may prove useful when moving forward with legal action. Taking proactive measures to establish a connection between your financial losses and the collision at hand could mean the difference between a successful claim versus a denial.
Some of the forms of evidence that you can collect from the scene of the accident include:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video footage of your injuries or property damage
- Photographs of the aftermath of the scene
- A copy of the police report, which in turn may include additional items of crucial importance
After you have sought medical attention, you may choose to pursue compensation through an injury claim. In this case, additional forms of evidence may be critical to establishing negligence.
The Extent of Your Accident Will Become Clear With Time
Most of the previously-listed evidence will likely be available to you at the scene of the collision. You should collect those items as soon as possible, although a legal professional may be able to get them on your behalf.
As time passes, you will discover more about the effects of the accident. Perhaps you require significant medical attention or cannot immediately return to work. Depending on your insurance policy, you may discover that you did not have adequate coverage for this type of situation. This is where contracting the knowledge of a legal professional may work in your favor. You do not have to suffer through the aftermath of a collision alone.
Evidence That You Should Collect
Once you speak to a lawyer, they will assist you in collecting evidence that will strengthen your case for financial recovery.
This will likely include:
- Any photographs, videos, police reports, and eyewitness accounts that you could not collect at the scene of the accident
- Medical records, as well as imaging scan results of your injuries that show precisely how you were harmed by the collision
- A letter from a mental health counselor demonstrating the toll your situation has had on your psychological well being
There may be other available evidence that could help your claim for compensation. Speaking to a lawyer about your case will help you consider all items that could benefit your case.
Find a Fort Lauderdale Lawyer
Near Me (954) 476-1000
Fort Lauderdale Array Lawyer Near Me (954) 476-1000
How A Lawyer Can Serve You
You can lean on a lawyer during the often-traumatic, taxing period that comes after an accident.
Some of the duties that you can expect your lawyer to handle include:
- Ensuring that your case is filed in court promptly
- Fighting for a fair settlement that covers your incurred losses
- Overseeing an independent investigation necessary to help your case
- Helping you collect any evidence that you did not receive at the scene of the collision
- Providing necessary services from the time of your consultation until your case is complete
- Advocating for your right to compensation in court, if necessary
As a result of your accident, you may be facing a lengthy recovery period or other impediments to your lifestyle. Allow a lawyer to help you pursue the compensation you need as you put all of your effort into healing.
Financial Recovery Can Cover Your Expenses
Whether you receive compensation through a settlement offer or court award, should your case be successful, you may be able to pursue funds to pay for your resulting expenses.
Compensation may cover:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Childcare costs
- Impaired quality of life
- Pain and suffering
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, Florida has a statute of limitations that serves as a deadline for filing a civil action. For most personal injury claims, you have four years from the date of your accident to pursue compensation. Yet, depending on a variety of circumstances, this timeline may be extended. A legal professional can explain what this may mean for your situation.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Lawyer today
Call Our Team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
Our team works on a contingency basis, which is intended to prevent claimants from incurring further out of pocket expenses following a collision. Instead, we take payment for our services out of the financial recovery we get for you.
Whether you are just entering the legal process or have been negotiating with an insurance company to no avail, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help. We are determined to guide you through any legal proceedings and offer the support you need to get your life back on track.
We offer a free initial case review, during which you will have the chance to share your story with us. Call our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (855) 529-0269 today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 476-1000