While many people enjoy golfing as a recreational activity, navigating a golf cart can be as dangerous as operating any other vehicle on the road. If you or a loved one was injured in a Florida golf cart accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against them.
A Florida golf car accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can offer to lead your case and fight for the financial compensation you need to recover from your injuries. We offer the first consultation for free to discuss your legal options.
Our Legal Team Can Help You Demand Compensation for Your Damages
According to a U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission report quoted in Insurance Journal, about 13,000 accidents involving golf carts lead to injuries that require emergency room care each year in the United States. If you were injured in a golf cart accident, like getting a traumatic brain injury after falling out of a golf cart in a collision with another vehicle, you may have grounds to hold the other driver liable for your damages.
Through a personal injury claim or lawsuit, you may be able to demand compensation for the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Property damage, such as damage to your golf cart if you owned it
- Income loss, including loss of benefits attached to your job
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Reduced earning potential
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
- Mental anguish, such as depression, anxiety, or insomnia
You may qualify for other damages not mentioned in this article. Our legal team will take time to discuss how your Florida golf cart accident affected you so that we can calculate a fair estimate for your case. We’ll use this figure as a compensation goal and advocate for your legal interests.
When Golf Cart Accidents Become Fatal
No one expects to suddenly lose their loved one, let alone in a golf cart accident, but hazards exist everywhere. WPTV released a report in 2022 noting the rise in golf cart accidents among children, with some cases turning fatal. Yet, even adults who accidentally collide with standard passenger vehicles can suffer the same fate since golf carts don’t have the same protection as regular vehicles.
If you lost a loved one in a golf cart accident in Florida, you may qualify to file a wrongful death action on their behalf. This would allow you to pursue the following types of damages:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of inheritance
- Medical debts
- Loss of love, affection, and companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
Our team will be sensitive about your loss and handle your case on your behalf so that you can grieve in private with your family.
How Our Florida Golf Cart Accident Lawyer Can Help You with Your Case
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we understand that many of our clients have no idea where to begin when developing their cases. When you decide to hire a Florida golf cart accident lawyer from our team, we take on the legal burden of building your case for you. We can update you as your case progresses and advise you on legal decisions as they come.
In the meantime, our legal team will offer the following services:
- Private investigation: Our team will review the incident report about the golf cart accident and do additional research to collect information about your case. If evidence exists to support your claims, such as video footage or eyewitness testimony, we may gather this information as well.
- Administrative services: Our legal team can coordinate standard legal tasks for your case, such as filling out paperwork, managing court hearing dates, and filing legal motions.
- Communication services: If an interested party, such as an insurance adjuster or a defense attorney, wishes to reach out to you for a statement, one of our attorneys can speak with them on your behalf. This is a protective measure so that they do not interpret your words as a partial admittance to fault for the accident.
- Negotiation services: If an opportunity arises to negotiate a settlement deal with the opposing party, your lawyer can advocate for the amount of compensation you intend to pursue.
- Legal representation and counsel: While many cases do not go to trial, our legal team will prepare your case to do so in case it goes down that route. Your lawyer will present your case in front of a judge and jury and provide counsel throughout the litigation process to keep you informed.
If you would like to learn more about our legal services, our team members are available by phone to explain how we handle cases for our clients.
Find a Florida Golf Cart Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Florida Has a Two-Year Filing Window for Personal Injury Cases
If you would like to move forward with a lawsuit about your golf cart accident, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to submit your case, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. Those filing a wrongful death lawsuit also have a two-year filing window to submit their case.
This is an important deadline to keep note of, as your case could get dismissed if you file past its statutory limitation. The defendant in your case could be absolved of any liability, leaving you to cover your damages yourself. Our team understands this, so we will take appropriate steps to ensure your case remains valid.
Chalik & Chalik Golf Cart Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to Get a Free Case Review
If you or a loved one was injured in a golf cart accident in Florida, our legal team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers wants to listen to your case. One of our team members can speak with you in a free consultation, then explain what legal options you have to pursue financial compensation. Should you decide to work with our firm, we can assign a Florida golf cart accident lawyer to your case right away.
Contact us now to get a free case review. Our team works on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t have to pay any attorney’s fees unless we win your case.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269