Due to the limited protection a motorcycle provides, a motorcyclist could suffer catastrophic injuries in an accident. These injuries can lead to staggering medical bills, extended leave of work absence, and a long road to recovery.
If you or your family member got hurt in a motorcycle accident in Boca Raton, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers could manage your case while you get better. A Boca Raton motorcycle accident lawyer on our team will create a comprehensive evidence file.
We will also negotiate a settlement that sufficiently covers your losses. You won’t pay any attorney’s fees unless we secure an award for you.
Types of Recoverable Damages You Can Seek Following a Motorcycle Accident
Your injuries will be a major indicator of the types and amount of compensation you can pursue. Some of the most common injuries motorcyclists sustain in accidents are:
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash
- Broken or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
The more serious your injuries and the higher your medical bills are, the more compensation you can request from the insurer. You may qualify to recover damages for:
- Past and future medical expenses: Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may have needed emergency transportation, surgery, hospitalization, assistive equipment, medication, lab tests, and ongoing care.
- Lost income: You might need to take time off work to recuperate from your injuries.
- Lost earning potential: If you can’t go back to work for an extended time, you could claim damages to make up for your potential future earnings.
- Property damage: Your motorcycle may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Pain and suffering: Motorcycle accident injuries can be debilitating and involve chronic pain.
- Mental anguish: Because motorcycle accidents can be such traumatic events, your mental health may suffer.
- Scarring and disfigurement: Your injuries could restrict your movement or change your appearance.
As we saw in June 2021, motorcyclists lose their lives in Boca Raton accidents. A 27- year-old motorcyclist succumbed to her injuries after colliding with a vehicle on Powerline Road and Southwest 18th Street, per the Palm Beach Post.
If your loved one passed away from a motorcycle accident, you and your family might be able to file a wrongful death case for funeral costs, loss of consortium or services, and final medical bills.
Find a Boca Raton Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (561) 826-4000
A Lawyer on Our Team Can Help With Your Boca Raton Motorcycle Accident Case
You can completely focus on your recovery with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers on your side. We will manage your case from start to finish. This job usually entails:
- Reviewing Florida’s motorcycle laws
- Gathering sufficient evidence
- Identifying the negligent party
- Evaluating your tangible and intangible losses
- Handling communication among the insurers and other attorneys
- Requesting a settlement from the insurer and negotiating a fair amount
- Arguing your case before a jury if we cannot agree on a settlement offer
We aim to provide you with the honest and personal representation you deserve. Throughout your case, you will also work directly with our partners, Debi and Jason Chalik.
Chalik & Chalik Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (561) 826-4000
How Much It Will Cost to Retain Our Legal Help Following a Motorcycle Accident
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we understand that you may be in a tough spot financially. To help ease this burden, we will serve you and your family on a contingency-fee basis, meaning:
- We don’t require any start-up or hourly fees or retainers
- Your attorney’s payment will be deducted from your settlement or court award
- There is no fee due if we don’t win your case
There is nothing for you to lose under this payment plan.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer today
Uncovering the Cause of Your Motorcycle Accident
The crash report, traffic camera footage, and witness testimony can help us pinpoint the cause of the motorcycle accident. It could have been:
- Failure to check blind spots
- Unsafe lane change
- A motorist’s disregard for motorcyclists
- Failing to yield
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving drowsy
- Weaving in and out of traffic
Driver error isn’t the only thing that could have led to the motorcycle accident. For example, inclement weather, road defects, and faulty vehicle parts may have triggered or contributed to the crash.
After we determine the cause of the accident, we can determine who was responsible. Other than the other driver, we could hold one of the following parties to account:
- A municipality
- A mechanic
- A vehicle parts manufacturer
- Another road user
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (561) 826-4000
You Are Given a Limited Amount of Time to Sue After a Motorcycle Accident in Florida
To hold the negligent party accountable for your damages, you must comply with time frames imposed by the state.
Generally speaking, if you want to file a personal injury lawsuit, Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) enforces a two-year deadline. If your loved one passed away from the motorcycle accident, you typically have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Exceptions may apply to your case, but they are not guaranteed. That’s why working on your lawsuit now benefits you. What’s more, failure to adhere to the deadline could result in the state denying your case, which would leave you with very few or no options for recovering compensation.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Is Here to Serve You After a Motorcycle Accident
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers has been fighting for Florida personal injury victims since 1955. Since then, we have obtained millions of dollars in settlements and court awards for our clients. Now is the time for our lawyers to review your case to see how we can help you recover the compensation you need following a motorcycle accident in Boca Raton.
To find out more about how our lawyers can help you, connect with us today at (561) 826-4000. One of our staff members will offer you a free, no-obligation consultation upon your first call. You could even secure compensation if you weren’t wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (561) 826-4000