In June of 2021, the widely trusted medical supply company, Philips Respironics, issued a recall of some of their CPAP, BiPAP, and mechanical ventilator products. If you were affected by this recall and faced health problems related to a CPAP machine, you could seek compensation.
When you’re ready to seek justice, a Boca Raton Philips CPAP lawsuit lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is ready to help. We require no upfront fees to get started on your case.
Have You been Negatively Affected By a Philips CPAP Machine?
While Philips notified the public of a potential health risk associated with using some of their CPAP machines, it was too little, too late for many. According to the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA), the foam used to decrease the amount of noise the machines make, called polyester-based polyurethane foam (or PE-PUR foam) was breaking down.
This breakdown may have led to lung injuries for some users as well as an increased cancer risk. Philips Respironics explains which devices are affected. If you’ve been using one of these devices, news of a recall for potentially dangerous effects can be scary.
If you are experiencing physical or emotional distress because of the use and recall of these products, you might be eligible for compensation.
What Are My Options If my CPAP Device Has been Recalled?
You could be suffering from serious symptoms and illnesses caused by a recalled sleep apnea machine, and you shouldn’t have to pay for medical costs that a product maker caused.
Our team can tell you more about your legal options to file suit. Through a CPAP lawsuit, you could seek compensation for your:
- Medical bills: You could be facing a cancer diagnosis, respiratory damage, and other painful health conditions due to the use of a defective CPAP machine. We could help you seek compensation for necessary medications, therapies, testing, emergency room care, hospitalizations, and other medical bills.
- Pain and suffering: Dealing with serious health problems can leave you in physical pain, and you could even be struggling with your emotional wellbeing.
- Income losses: Your career could be affected by a serious health condition. You could seek compensation for missed paychecks and reduced earning potential.
Other forms of compensation could be available to you based on the unique details of your case.
Find a Florida Philips CPAP Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
How can Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Help Me with My Boca Raton Case?
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is a Florida-based law firm with lawyers available to help you get your life back and seek what you deserve. We believe that serious product defects, like that of Philips CPAP machines, cannot just be explained away as “accidents” – especially when so many lives have been affected.
Our team is ready to stand up for you. We can help you file a lawsuit and seek compensation for your losses by:
- Investigating your case
- Gathering evidence to show that a CPAP device caused your health condition
- Collecting testimony from expert witnesses to prove your medical condition
- Dealing with all third parties for you
- Navigating litigation against Philips Respironics for you
- Handling all necessary paperwork
- Seeking the settlement or award you deserve
- Explaining your rights and options
We’ll keep you in the loop throughout the process, so you always know what’s going on with your case. We take pride in treating clients like family from start to finish of your case.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers has helped people with a variety of injury suits, ranging from car accidents to medical malpractice and wrongful death. We have won millions of dollars for previous clients. We are not afraid to stand up against major corporations in our clients’ fight for justice.
Chalik & Chalik Philips CPAP Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
You shouldn’t have to choose between paying your bills and getting started on your case. Here’s what it costs to hire a lawyer from our team:
- Our personal injury lawyers work based on contingency. This means that you will owe lawyer’s fees only upon a successful resolution of your case.
- Additionally, you won’t be out a dime by reaching out and asking our team to evaluate your case. You can contact our Boca Raton office for a free consultation and ask all your questions about how to move forward with a CPAP lawsuit.
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries that may have put your health or life in danger, then a Boca Raton Philips CPAP Lawsuit Lawyer can help you. We will help you navigate relevant laws and the complexities of litigation against Philips.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Philips CPAP Lawyer today
How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit in Florida?
Boca Raton residents affected by a defective CPAP device will need to abide by Florida’s laws on the statute of limitations for personal injuries, which is generally four years, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Since every case is different, however, a lawyer from our team can tell you about the deadline relevant to your case.
There are other reasons to act promptly for you case. For instance, some evidence can be time-sensitive. Acting sooner rather than later can help your legal team build the strongest possible case.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
A Boca Raton Philips CPAP Lawsuit Lawyer Can Get Started on Your Case
When medical devices are recalled after going on the market and negatively impacts the lives of thousands of people, it is more than just an accident. Our attorneys want to be your voice. We will fight for the compensation you need to pay your medical expenses, make up for your loss of income, and help you handle the struggles you’ve had to deal with because of Philips.
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today for your free case review: (561) 826-4000. The call comes with no obligation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269