As a pedestrian, you have little to no protection from a collision with a vehicle, aside from r your common sense and reflexes. Therefore, in a pedestrian accident, you may suffer severe injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence. Recovering from these injuries can be a long and painful process.
You may have vast and expensive medical bills. This can devastate your finances, causing you to fall behind on your bills. If your injuries are serious enough, you might have a disability for the rest of your life. Making matters worse, insurance companies and their lawyers may fight you every step of the way.
An Orlando pedestrian accident lawyer with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you with these hurdles. Our personal injury attorneys can help you file your insurance claim or lawsuit and pursue fair financial recovery for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more. Letting us represent you means you can focus on your healing.
Why Retain an Orlando Pedestrian Accident Lawyer?
Florida can be a dangerous state for pedestrians. If a vehicle hit you on Colonial Drive, Pine Hills Road, or anywhere else in Orlando, we could help.
If you suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident, our injury lawyers could fight for your rights. Our Orlando pedestrian accident attorneys can:
- Fight the insurance companies on your behalf
- Investigate your case
- Establish the involvement of all at-fault parties
- Pursue compensation for your monetary losses and pain and suffering
- Shield you from insurance companies trying to lay blame on you
- Work with Orlando medical experts to pinpoint the value of your case
- Handle any appeals the opposing parties may file
If a business or individual injured you, we could hold them accountable. They are responsible for compensating you for their negligence, and we will stand by you every step of the way.
Find a Orlando Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (407) 420-9838
Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Can Stand Up to Insurance Companies
If you’re injured as a pedestrian, insurance companies will often fight you. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers know the tactics the insurance companies will use to avoid paying you.
Insurance companies understand the law. They will try different things to avoid paying you your rightful compensation, including:
- Offering you a fast settlement for much less than your case is worth in hopes you do not know better and will accept a hasty payout
- Looking for reasons to either reduce your claim or get it dismissed completely
- Trying to shift the blame to you for your accident
When you choose our Orlando pedestrian accident lawyers to represent you, we go to bat for you. You won’t have to negotiate or deal with the insurance companies on your own. We will handle all phone calls, emails, and meetings with insurance adjusters and opposing counsel. This shields you from pressure, protects you from doing or saying something they could use against you, and saves you time and energy.
How Will Florida’s Insurance Laws Affect Your Case?
Florida’s no-fault insurance model may mean you can recover a portion of your medical damages via a claim against your personal injury protection (PIP) policy. According to Florida Statutes § 627.736, drivers must have a minimum of $10,000 in PIP. This coverage generally applies to pedestrian accidents, so you can turn to your policy first, regardless of fault for your injuries.
You can seek additional compensation for serious injuries and treatment exceeding your PIP. However, you will need to prove fault and show that the at-fault party behaved negligently, recklessly, or wrongfully. We can help you build your case.
Chalik & Chalik Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer Near Me (407) 420-9838
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Has a Winning Track Record
Founded in 2003, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers has a track record of multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts for clients. We handle all aspects of your case in-house. Using our own team of investigators, we gather everything we need to build your case on a solid foundation.
This helps us serve you better and move toward a resolution in the least amount of time possible. We are committed to getting you financial compensation and making the legal process as stress-free as possible. Our track record speaks for itself:
“Mr. Chalik was extremely responsive and professional. His office kept us well informed as things progressed. He showed true concern about the status of my wife’s recovery from her injury. I highly recommend his firm and feel very comfortable in suggesting them when asked for recommendations.” – Fred Segal
We have a long list of satisfied clients who praise our firm’s hands-on, personal, compassionate approach in numerous positive reviews. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, clients are never just a case number.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Pedestrian Accidents Lawyer today
Pedestrian Accident Damages Our Lawyers Could Help You Recover
Recoverable damages depend on your injuries. However, you might qualify for compensation for:
- Medical bills, including emergency treatment, hospitalizations, physical therapy, medications, mobility aids, in-home health care, and long-term nursing care
- Lost wages, including your back pay, tips, bonuses, and benefits
- Lost earning capacity if your injuries force you retire, cut back on hours, or transfer to a less lucrative job
- Miscellaneous expenses, such as the value of household services, medical travel expenses, and necessary modifications to your home or vehicle
- Pain and suffering, including monetary compensation for mental anguish, emotional suffering, chronic pain, inconvenience, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death, including monetary losses stemming from your loved one’s fatal injury and compensation for surviving family members’ pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and loss of parental guidance
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Orlando, call (407) 420-9838
Our Orlando Accident Attorneys Will Determine Liability
Pedestrian accidents are common and are not as cut and dry as they may seem. If a motor vehicle struck you, have a skilled pedestrian accident attorney help you navigate the often-confusing legal system as you seek compensation.
Our lawyers will determine who is at fault. Sometimes, the cause of the accident falls on multiple parties. Often, the driver is at fault. Other times, the city may shoulder the blame. There are also instances where another pedestrian or bicyclist may be partially responsible.
We will help you prove fault for your accident using evidence, which might include:
- Photographs or video footage of your accident
- Photographs of your injuries
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Eyewitness accounts
- Physical data from the site of the collision
- Opinions from medical professionals and other relevant case experts
What Are the Causes of Pedestrian Injury in Orlando?
It is easy to assume a driver hitting a pedestrian with their car would be solely at fault. But, in some cases, multiple parties may be at fault for an accident. Some of the causes of pedestrian injury include:
- Texting (or engaging with other distractions) while driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol
- Motor vehicle drivers turning right without first checking for pedestrians
- Ignoring red lights, stop signs, or crosswalks
- Vehicles parked illegally, preventing motorists from seeing pedestrians
- Faulty city streetlights
- Poor street layout
- Driving over the posted speed limits
- Cracked or broken sidewalks or road surfaces
What if You Share Fault for Your Pedestrian Accident?
You might share some of the responsibility for your injuries. If so, our Orlando pedestrian accident attorneys can help you receive compensation even if you are partially at fault.
According to Florida’s comparative fault law, Florida Statutes § 768.81, you could recover awards proportional to your degree of responsibility. For example, say you were looking at your phone at the time of your accident. The court may assign you 20 percent fault. This means if you win $100,000, you would collect $80,000 (your awards minus your fault percentage).
Our attorneys will defend you against allegations of negligence and work to secure fair compensation available to you and your family.
Act After Your Pedestrian Accident Before Time Runs Out
The entities working against you may try to draw out the legal process in hopes you will either run out of money fighting in court or simply give up. There is also a time constraint on when to file your case.
In Florida, you have up to four years from the date of the accident to file your lawsuit under Florida Statutes § 95.11. The statute allows two years to sue for the wrongful death of a loved one.
Call Our Team Today for a Free Pedestrian Accident Case Review
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can give you legal help to recover from your accident. Find out what your options are right away, and contact our firm today. You can request a 100 percent free strategy session 24 hours a day. Rest easy knowing our personal injury firm is available to help you get your rightful compensation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (407) 420-9838