Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vero Beach, FL
Uber and Lyft drivers must safely transport passengers and obey traffic laws. This is known legally as duty of care. When a ride-share driver does not fulfill this obligation, it is negligence. If someone’s negligence injured you, you might be entitled to compensation for physical, mental, and financial suffering. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers helps Uber and Lyft accident victims in Vero Beach. Call (772) 360-4210 for a free case evaluation.
Chalik and Chalik fights for our client against UBERWe were honored to represent our client in a prior case. When tragedy struck and she was killed in an automobile accident, her family reached out to us again. Our client was on the road and was driving for UBER. She did not have a passenger in her car, but the Uber App was on. She was struck by a drunk driver and lost her life. Our client’s Uninsured motorist insurance as well as the UM insurance for UBER, denied coverage. Chalik and Chalik filed suit. We fought UBER and Progressive and the claims have been resolved to the satisfaction of the family of our former client. We feel blessed that families trust us to represent their loved ones who have been lost through the fault of others.
You Deserve to Know Your Legal Options
Uber and Lyft drivers are independent contractors of their respective companies. They can still be held accountable for damages including medical bills, property damage, and pain and suffering. You should not hesitate to contact an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Vero Beach to understand your legal options. Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (772) 360-4210 for a free case evaluation.
What You Should do After an Uber or Lyft Accident
Our law firm has helped injured and disabled clients since 2003. We suggest the following steps after an accident:
- Get medical care as soon as possible.
- Make a detailed account of the accident while it is fresh in your mind.
- Keep all medical bills and expenses, such as car rental receipts if your vehicle was damaged.
- Do not make any statement to the insurance company without first consulting with an Uber and Lyft accident attorney.
- Do not post details about your accident on social media.
- Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers in Vero Beach at (772) 360-4210 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
How Our Firm Helps You After an Uber or Lyft Accident
We understand that you might be recovering from injuries at home or in the hospital. The last thing you need is to deal with an insurance adjuster. We will take care of your insurance claim on your behalf. You will not be charged attorney fees unless we successfully recover compensation for you.
You Could Recover Compensation for Expenses Including:
- Ambulance and emergency department services
- Hospital stays
- Doctor and specialist visits
- Lost pay
- Property damage including vehicle repair or replacement if applicable
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
We Represent Your Best Interests to an Insurance Adjuster
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. The law requires all Florida drivers to carry at least $10,000 in personal injury protection and the same amount for property damage. However, if you have severe injuries from an Uber or Lyft accident, your expenses can easily exceed $20,000. You should not have to continue to suffer from someone’s negligence if you have long-term health issues from the accident. For your free case evaluation, call (772) 360-4210.
No-Fault Does Not Mean No One Is Responsible
We are a Florida law firm who has successfully recovered millions of dollars from car accidents, medical malpractice, birth injuries, and other personal injury cases. Our clients are plaintiffs who have been injured or disabled from someone’s negligence.
As Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Vero Beach, our firm understands complex liability and insurance laws. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers stands up to insurance companies who try to deny or undervalue claims.
Three Forms of Liability That Could Impact Your Claim
- Direct liability holds the defendant personally responsible for either reckless or malignant actions.
- Vicarious liability refers to a specific relationship with another party or person who is also responsible.
- Respondeat Superior holds the defendant’s employer accountable.
Our Firm Helps Anyone Hurt in an Uber or Lyft Accident
Although passengers are among the most common group to seek compensation from an Uber or Lyft accident, there might be other injured parties. For example:
- An Uber or Lyft driver struck your car, motorcycle, or bicycle.
- You were a pedestrian involved in an Uber or Lyft accident.
- You are an Uber or Lyft driver involved in a collision with another motorist.
An attorney from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you determine if you can seek compensation. You pay no attorney fees unless we are successful, so call (772) 360-4210 for a free case evaluation.
Florida Has Insurance Coverage Requirements for Ride-Share Operators
Uber and Lyft operators in Florida must carry the following insurance coverage when they are signed into their app but do not have passengers in their vehicle:
- $100,000 for bodily injury or death
- $25,000 for property damage
When Uber and Lyft operators are transporting passengers, they must carry $1 million in liability coverage. Additionally, ride-share operators must have background checks.
We Seek Compensation for Your Injuries Through Insurance Claims or a Civil Lawsuit
As Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Vero Beach, we typically seek compensation first with an insurance claim. We send all necessary documents and communicate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf for the maximum compensation you could receive. If we cannot reach a fair and acceptable settlement, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can take your case to court. You should keep the following in mind:
- Most first offers from insurance companies are low, so we negotiate for a fair settlement.
- Florida allows four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- The burden of proof in a civil lawsuit is on the plaintiff to show damages.
Call for a Free Case Evaluation
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, you do not pay attorney fees unless we are successful in our recovery efforts. If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, call (772) 360-4210 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. If you are too injured to come to our office, we will meet you in your home or at the hospital.