With an abundance of busy amusement parks in the Orlando, FL, area, Uber & Lyft have quickly become a popular method of transportation for tourists and locals alike. Unfortunately, the mix of tourists, busy locals, and rideshare drivers all trying to get around town presents a risk of accidents.
Navigating the aftermath of an Uber & Lyft accident can be overwhelming. It may often feel like you are alone when dealing with both your insurance company and the rideshare company. An Uber & Lyft accident lawyer in Orlando from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help navigate Florida’s laws as they apply to rideshare accidents.
We can help you with case whether you were a rideshare driver, passenger, or a third party such as another driver, pedestrian, bicyclist, or other party involved in the accident. Call an Orlando Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer today a 407-420-9838.
Important Steps to Take Following An Uber & Lyft Accident
The time immediately following an Uber & Lyft accident can be confusing. However, it is crucial that you protect your legal rights and ensure that you are safe by following these steps:
- Call for medical help: The most important thing to do following an accident is to call for medical help. Whether you, the other driver, or a passenger requires medical services, it is best to call 911 immediately.
- File a police report: A police report can also be helpful in your case. In Florida, you have just 10 days to report an accident. However, it is best to do it immediately, so the police can include important details in their report.
- Receive medical care: Even if you feel fine, it is crucial to receive a medical evaluation following any accident. Some injuries might not show up until later and by then, it could be too late to connect it to the Uber or Lyft accident in Orlando, FL.
- Notify your insurance company: Most insurance companies require that you notify them that you have been in a car accident.
- Notify Uber or Lyft: If you are a rideshare driver, depending on your rideshare agreement contract, you may also be required to notify either Uber or Lyft of the accident. Both companies have 24-hour hotlines available to report an accident.
- Discuss your legal options with a personal injury lawyer: It is important to have someone you can trust on your side. Reach out to an Uber & Lyft accident lawyer in Orlando who is familiar with the specific rideshare accident laws in Florida.
Find a Orlando Uber & Lyft Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (407) 420-9838
Uber & Lyft Accidents In Orlando, FL
It is often a driver’s negligence or, sometimes, illegal actions that causes an Uber or Lyft accident in the Orlando, FL, area. Just a few examples of negligence that could lead to an accident include:
- Driving under the influence of an illegal substance
- Fatigued driving
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Improper mechanical repairs
- Poor weather
Common injuries in traffic accidents include broken bones, lacerations, spinal cord injuries, neck and back pain, paralysis, and even death. An Uber & Lyft accident lawyer in Orlando, FL may be able to help you evaluate your legal options if you lost a loved one in a rideshare accident in the Orlando area.
Chalik & Chalik Uber & Lyft Accidents Lawyer Near Me (407) 420-9838
Florida’s Accident Statute of Limitations
Rightly so, filing a legal suit is not the first thing on your mind after you are in an accident. While seeking medical care should be the first thing you do after an Uber or Lyft accident, evaluating your legal options should follow shortly behind.
Florida limits the time in which we can file a car accident lawsuit. We have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
But we recommend acting as soon as possible to secure evidence, file your insurance claim, and build a case so you get the compensation you need to pay bills, get medical care, and account for your pain and suffering.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Uber & Lyft Accidents Lawyer today
How We Will Assist You With Your Orlando Uber & Lyft Accident Case
Your free, no-obligation consultation gives us the opportunity to evaluate the details of your case. From here, we can determine the best steps to take going forward.
Build Your Case
To prove liability, we will work to establish the following elements:
- Duty of care: We will demonstrate that the responsible party held a legal duty of care for your safety and wellbeing.
- Breach of duty: We will collect important documentation that shows that the responsible party breached that duty of care.
- Causation: We will identify that the negligent actions of the responsible party caused the accident.
- Damages: We will provide evidence that you are dealing with injuries, losses, and other damages as a result of the accident.
We will build your case by collecting important documents on your behalf. Just a few of the documents that may help your case include the police report, medical records, income statements, witness reports, and images and videos of the accident.
It is essential that we demonstrate the damages that you are dealing with as a result of the accident.
How do I claim damages after a car accident in Florida?
- Medical costs
- Rehabilitative costs
- Property damage
- Lost wages and work benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary transportation
- Wrongful death
Represent You During This Difficult Time
Your recovery is the most important thing. By working with a legal team that you can trust, you can rest easy knowing that we will handle all the legal requirements of your case. We will keep you updated during important legal steps and fight to collect the compensation that you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Orlando, call (407) 420-9838
Discuss Your Case With an Orlando, FL Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
You are not alone as you begin to navigate the aftermath of an Uber or Lyft accident. The car accident lawyers at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are here to help you. Call us for a free consultation today at 407-420-9838.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (407) 420-9838