Depending on the severity of the accident and the age of the individual, slip, trip, and fall accidents can cause significant injury. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), one out of every five falls causes serious harm like a broken bone or a head injury. As a result of tripping over a hazard in the grocery store, you might incur significant debt, suffer a catastrophic injury, or be forced to miss work for a prolonged period of time.
If your injuries were caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be able to pursue compensation for your losses and expenses. Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 772-360-4210 today to learn more about how a Vero Beach slip and fall injury lawyer may be able to help.
Defining a Slip, Trip, and Fall
Slip, trip, and fall accidents occur when a property owner or one of their employees fails to maintain their property and leaves a dangerous condition that could result in injury. This could involve not cleaning up spills, not repairing damaged railings, staircases, or lighting fixtures, not replacing cracked tiles or torn carpet, or any other similar act of negligence. The team at Chalik and Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you pursue workers’ compensation if you were injured on the job.
Take Your Fall Seriously
The most important thing to do after your slip and fall is to seek medical attention. Even if you do not feel any pain right now, having a doctor’s evaluation immediately after your accident will help you link your injuries to your slip and fall later. The full ramifications of your accident may not be apparent until much later and having a record of seeking medical care right away can help you pursue compensation for these damages as well during a future lawsuit.
Vero Beach Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Vero Beach, call (855) 646-5468
What You Need to Prove to Win a Slip, Trip, and Fall Case
In the state of Florida, you need to prove four factors to demonstrate negligence: duty, breach, causation, and harm. If we can establish all four elements, we can hold the liable party responsible for your injuries and pursue the compensation you deserve
The four factors needed to prove liability include:
- Duty – We must show that the property owner owed you a legal duty. Usually, this part is easy. If you were shopping in a store or otherwise legally present on a property, that property’s owner has a duty to keep their property safe and in good repair.
- Breach – After establishing that a duty of care exists, we will show that the property owner breached it by allowing a spill to linger on the floor or by failing to post appropriate signage around a freshly waxed aisle or another known hazard.
- Causation – We must demonstrate that the property owner’s negligence caused your accident.
- Harm – We must show that the accident caused by the owner’s negligence resulted in your injuries, losses, and other expenses.
If you or a loved one suffered a slip and fall accident, a Vero Beach slip and fall injury lawyer may be able to help. Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 772-360-4210 right away to get started with a free consultation.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 646-5468
How Chalik & Chalik Can Help
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers have seen how slip, trip, and fall accidents can change a life or a family. Our team has been helping accident victims for more than 25 years. We understand Florida’s complex legal codes, and we know what it takes to negotiate a fair settlement that equitably reimburses you for your damages.
Specific ways we can help you include:
- Case Management. Our team can handle the flurry of emails, calls, and letters that go into a slip and fall case. We will make sure you stay informed about the latest developments so you can focus on feeling better.
- Evidence Collection. Our team can help gather the evidence we will need to build a strong case that supports your claim for compensation. This can include medical records, police reports, witness testimony, and more.
- Settlement Negotiation. We know how to fight to protect your right to compensation. We will advise you about the risks and benefits of accepting any potential settlement offer. If we are unable to come to a fair settlement, we will continue to protect your rights in court.
Florida’s Four-Year Statute of Limitations
The Florida statute of limitations for personal injury is just four years from the date of your accident. That may seem like a long time, but it passes by more quickly than you’d think. The sooner you call a Vero Beach slip and fall injury lawyer, the sooner we can get started building a strong case for you.
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident, you do not have to face the future alone. A slip and fall injury lawyer from Chalik & Chalik can help you pursue compensation for your injuries. Call today at 772-360-4210 for a free consultation. There is no obligation, and we do not get paid until you do.