If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident involving a taxicab in Sarasota, you could be eligible to claim compensation if another driver’s negligence caused your injuries. Committed to advocating on behalf of our clients and providing a high level of individualized attention, our team understands the financial pressures that can arise when your injuries mean you cannot work.
Our legal representation comes from a place of genuine concern for our clients, driving us to pursue the compensation you deserve at this challenging time. Whether you were injured as a passenger, pedestrian, cyclist, or as another motorist hit by a negligent cab driver, we can help by working hard to help you secure the compensation to which you are legally entitled.
To find out more about our services and how a Sarasota taxicab accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers could help you today, call (941) 315-4404.
Car Accidents Are Often Caused by Human Error
Many causes of car accidents nationwide can be attributed to human error. This can look like:
- Distracted driving from using a smartphone or in-car technology
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless driving
- Failure to drive safely in poor weather conditions
- Failure to adhere to traffic signals
- Driving while fatigued
Injuries from such accidents can mean victims are unable to work for several months while they recover. In some cases, the damage may be permanent and can prevent victims from returning to work at all.
Injuries someone could suffer in an accident—and that could entitle them to damages—might include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Permanent injuries or scarring
Establishing liability is not always straightforward in taxicab accidents. Many factors could affect your case, such as
- If the driver is self-employed or an employee of a taxicab firm
- Whether the vehicle is leased or owned by the driver
- Specifics relative to your auto insurance coverage
- Whether other parties could be responsible for the accident
A lawyer can help you identify the at-fault party, prove that negligence caused the accident, and manage the legal process from start to finish while you focus on your recovery.
Find a Sarasota Taxicab Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (941) 315-4404
How a Sarasota Taxicab Accident Lawyer Could Help You Today
We are committed to providing a high level of personal attention and support to our clients by:
- Providing a thorough investigation into the cause of your accident
- Requesting and gathering evidence to build a robust case
- Identifying responsible parties and proving negligence caused your injuries
- Estimating the value of your claim to include any future expenses you may face
- Managing communications and negotiations with insurance companies
- Reviewing settlement offers to ensure they will meet your needs
- Taking your case to trial, where necessary
Chalik & Chalik Taxicab Accidents Lawyer Near Me (941) 315-4404
What to Do if You Are Involved in a Taxicab Accident
Your health should be your priority if you are injured in any car accident. It is essential to seek medical attention, even if you consider your injuries to be minor. This is because shock can mask underlying health conditions that require prompt diagnosis and treatment. In other cases, it may be that symptoms are not immediately apparent, like after suffering a concussion, for example.
If you are able, and it is safe to do so, it can be beneficial to consider:
- Taking photographs of your injuries and the damage to the car (inside and outside)
- Documenting any property damage
- Keeping records of your medical care and any other expenses relating to the accident
- Following your treatment plan provided by your health care practitioner
- Refraining from posting about the accident on social media
- Allowing your chosen legal representative to manage communications with insurers
- Noting the location of any CCTV cameras overlooking the scene
Medical bills can quickly grow following a taxicab accident. At-fault parties will likely strive to pay out as little as possible upon being assigned liability. A Sarasota taxicab accident lawyer will defend your right to fair compensation, manage all communications with the negligent party’s insurers, and protect you against any bad faith insurance practices.
If you have any questions about seeking compensation after being hurt in an accident involving a taxicab, call us and discuss your case in a free initial consultation with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (941) 315-4404 today.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Taxicab Accidents Lawyer today
We Can Help You Determine the Cost of Your Accident-Related Damages
Depending on the circumstances of the accident and the nature of your injuries, you will generally seek compensation from either the taxi company’s insurers, the cab driver, or your own insurance.
Understandably, the aftermath of a taxicab accident can leave injured parties unsure of their legal options. We can help you determine a suitable legal approach, estimate the value of your claim, and pursue recoverable damages available to you, such as:
- Current and ongoing medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages, including any impact on your future earnings and other benefits
- Property damage
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
To be proactive about your compensation claim, you can seek legal advice to file your case before the deadline imposed by Florida Statutes §95.11. Injured parties generally have four years from the date of an accident to begin legal proceedings. However, conditions may apply in some circumstances that can affect this timeline.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Sarasota, call (941) 315-4404
Benefit from a Free Case Evaluation with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
No two personal injury claims are the same. By taking time to understand your unique situation, we can channel our resources and knowledge to your advantage. We believe honest and transparent communication is key to our clients feeling confident in our abilities to secure compensation.
To find out more about our services and how we can help you, call for a free case review with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (941) 315-4404 today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (941) 315-4404