If you suffered injuries due to a slip and fall accident on a slippery surface, contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to file a claim. We have handled such cases before, and know what it takes to pursue fair compensation for your injuries.
Call us today at (855) 529-0269; we will walk you through the court process and defend your claim. A Miami slippery floors lawyer can help you.
Potentially Recoverable Compensation
You may be able to pursue a number of damages, depending on your circumstances. These may include:
- Medical expenses: emergency treatment at the scene, ambulance ride, hospital stay, surgeries, medications, mobility devices, physical and psychological therapies
- Other economic damages: Loss of earning capacity, lost wages, childcare
- Noneconomic damages: Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of limb or ability
- Wrongful death damages: Loss of guidance, loss of consortium, loss of income, burial expenses, any medical expenses from before your loved one’s passing
A lawyer can valuate your losses and explore all avenues for recovery.
We Will Help You Prove Liability
You will need to demonstrate that the property owner knew (or should have known) about the hazardous conditions that resulted in your slip and fall. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, a lawyer will collect evidence to strengthen your claim. Call (855) 529-0269 for more information.
You will need to prove the following facts to win a slip and fall case:
- The property owner owed you the duty of care, meaning they were responsible for ensuring your safety on their premises
- The premises owner was negligent and failed to repair, maintain, clean, inspect, or caution about risky environments that caused your slip and fall accident
- The premises owner should have known (or knew) about the dangerous condition
- The owner’s carelessness was the cause of your slip and fall accident
Safety Measures for Slippery Floors the Negligent Party May Not Have Taken
As required by law, premises owners should take several steps to ensure that no accident occurs on their premises due to slippery floors. Safety precautions include:
- Laying absorbent doormats in front of entrances when there is stormy or wet weather
- Using soft floor coverings in places that are susceptible to spills, such as kitchens
- Cautioning visitors about a possible slippery surface by marking wet floors and slipping dangers
- Putting an anti-skid adhesive tape in places with considerable foot traffic and highly polished floors or tiles
- Putting umbrella baskets near entries
- Repeatedly dry mopping surfaces to decrease slipping hazards due to wetness
If the property owner does not take such measures, they may be negligent. Hire a Miami slippery floors lawyer if laxity or negligence may have led to your injuries. We will help to evaluate your case.
Steps to Take in Order to Protect Your Rights After the Accident
You should report a slip and fall accident to the premises owner, store manager, supervisor, or anybody directly in control of the premises. A report is also an essential part of your supporting evidence. However, you should take several steps to safeguard your interests when facing such a situation.
Collect Eyewitness Evidence
Get the names, telephone numbers, emails, and addresses of people who might have seen you fall. Furthermore, be sure to obtain the contact details of any staff members who may have witnessed the incident, as this can strengthen your claim.
Identify the Cause of the Slip and Fall
If you have a mobile phone that can take pictures or shoot a video, document whatever was in the vicinity and on the floor that caused you to fall. If you cannot take photos yourself, ask someone else to do so, and keep copies as evidence.
Get a Copy of the Accident Report
Obtain a copy of the report that the premises owner or manager will prepare after you report the incident. This document can help you when filing for a compensation claim.
Seek Medical Attention
Some slip and fall injuries are immediately visible at the scene of the accident, while others show their effects later. Even if you feel fine after you fall, the extent of internal injuries might be severe. Seek prompt medical attention in an emergency room to ensure you receive proper treatment for all damages you sustain.
Contact Our Miami Slippery Floors Lawyer for Help
When you are a victim of a slip and fall accident, you may have been injured due to a hazard that the property owner should have fixed. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the floors must be compliant with safety requirements and codes. If we find that the premises on which you fell violated OSHA codes, we can hold them negligent.
When you contact us, we take photos or videos of the scene of your accident to establish the floor’s hazardous nature before someone tries to rectify it. This way, your interests will be protected (even if the owner reworks the scene and claims that the hazard never existed in the first place).
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we aim to help you with all the processes of filing a claim. Call us now at (855) 529-0269 for a consultation. If you decide to file a lawsuit, you generally have to take action within four years under § 95.11 of the Florida Statutes. You may be able to toll this timeline, depending on the specifics of your accident. We can inform you of your options.