If you have been involved in a car accident, Chalik & Chalik can help. Our car accident lawyer in Hollywood, FL has been helping people for decades to recover from their injuries and pursue compensation for their losses. We will work hard to secure compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, and other losses resulting from the accident.
Types of Recoverable damages in Car Accidents
The type of damages you can recover in a car accident will depend on the facts of your case. However, some damages are generally recoverable in a car accident case. These might include:
- Medical Bills: As accidents are an unanticipated event, medical bills can be pretty draining, especially if you have suffered severe injuries or had to be hospitalized due to an accident. Fortunately, you can recover the current and future costs of treatment.
- Lost Wages/Lost Income: When you have been involved in a car accident, you may be unable to work while you recover from your injuries. Missing out on wages can put you behind financially. We can pursue compensation for this financial loss.
- Property Damage: You can claim repair or replacement costs if your car is damaged or totaled.
- Pain and Suffering: When you have been injured in a car accident, you may experience physical and emotional pain and suffering in addition to mental and emotional trauma. You can seek compensation for these personal losses, too.
What Is Your Car Accident Case Worth?
To determine what your case is worth, a Florida car accident lawyer first needs to know the following information:
- What are your current medical expenses?
- How many days were lost from work due to your injuries?
- What is the extent of your pain and suffering during this period?
- How much will your medical bills be in the future?
- What is the extent of your physical and emotional damages?
- What are the limits on your own and the defendant’s insurance policies?
If you have been injured in a car accident that was not your fault, it may benefit you to file a personal injury case with the help of our firm. We can talk with you to determine how significantly the accident has affected your life and use the information we gather to demand compensation that appropriately represents your losses.
Find a Hollywood Car Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Can Chalik & Chalik Help When You’re Injured in an Accident?
If you have been involved in an accident, a personal injury lawyer at Chalik & Chalik can help. We are a personal injury law firm that handles all types of car and truck accidents. Given our successes for other injured victims, we believe we have the experience needed to get results for you, too. Here are some of the tasks we can take on as your legal representatives:
- Gather evidence from the crash scene to demonstrate the cause of the accident, and therefore, the responsible party’s liability
- Recruit expert witnesses to testify to the cause of the crash and the severity of your losses
- Use your medical bills and other documentation to demand fair compensation
- Communicate with the insurer, defense attorneys, and other involved parties on your behalf
- File your case according to the legal requirements and deadlines
- Take your case to court and represent you in front of a judge or jury, if necessary
Chalik & Chalik Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are several reasons why car accidents occur. Unfortunately, most accidents are avoidable as they are caused by human error. Common causes of car crashes include:
- Weather conditions: Bad weather, such as rain, foggy conditions, snowstorms, and ice can result in an accident if drivers don’t reduce their speeds to accommodate for poor visibility and bad road conditions.
- Defective products: Cars aren’t always built perfectly, so sometimes defects may occur that make it dangerous for people who drive them. For example, tires blowing out unexpectedly or brake failure causing loss of control over your vehicle are manufacturer problems. If a car or car parts manufacturer is responsible for a collision, they can be pursued for damages.
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs can cause drivers to lose their focus on the road and drive erratically. They may also have a slower reaction time, leading to crashes when driving at high speeds. Driving under the influence is negligent and reckless–these drivers need to be held accountable when they cause collisions.
- Driver distraction: Cell phones are a common cause of car accidents because they distract drivers from noticing and avoiding obstacles. Other distractions include eating food while driving, fiddling with radio stations, and talking with passengers.
If a negligent driver or other liable party caused your accident, we will find the evidence necessary to pursue them for your financial award.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Car Accidents Lawyer today
Who Would be Liable for a Car Accident?
Several parties may be held liable even if they didn’t directly cause your collision. The other vehicle’s driver is often the first defendant if they acted negligently; however, others can sometimes be at fault. The other parties who may be held responsible include:
- The registered car owner can also be held liable if they knowingly let someone else drive their car without a valid driver’s license or insurance policy.
- The vehicle owner may be liable if they had not adequately maintained their vehicle and it caused an accident.
- An employer may also be liable if their employee was responsible for the crash.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Hollywood, call (855) 529-0269
Why Should You Hire Chalik & Chalik?
If you are looking for a car accident lawyer in Hollywood, FL, you are in the right place. Chalik & Chalik has accident attorneys ready to help with your case. We know that the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming, which is why we offer free consultations, so you can get an idea of what to expect from the legal process.
Our Florida car accident lawyers have over 20 years of experience helping people in similar situations, so we’re confident we have the knowledge and resources for your case, too. Call or contact us online to start the process or to learn more about our services.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269