If a dog bit you or your loved one, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you seek compensation from the animal’s owner. Our dog bite injury lawyers in Hollywood, FL can pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf. We will fight to recover your damages so you do not suffer financial hardships due to an accident you did not cause.
At our firm, our goal is to fight for financial relief for the victims of negligent and reckless behavior. If you were injured due to no fault of your own, you shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences. As your personal injury firm, we would pursue justice on your behalf and fight for compensation that can improve the quality of life you lost due to the incident.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Fights for Members of Our Community
We have decades of experience helping clients in Florida seek justice. Our personal injury lawyers are here to help you get back on your feet after an injury, too. We will work tirelessly to get the awards you need to pay for your losses without jeopardizing your family’s financial future or stability.
Our firm is a family, and we treat clients like family. The firm’s founding partners handle each case personally. We want you to feel respected, supported, and listened to in every interaction you have with our team. That way, you can worry about healing while we fight for fair compensation for you and your loved ones.
Our Services Cost Nothing Out of Pocket
We do not want the cost of legal services to cause additional stress for your family. Therefore, we offer affordable representation at no upfront cost to our clients. Our fees come from a percentage of your settlement or verdict. If we do not obtain compensation, you owe us nothing.
Find a Hollywood Dog Bite Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Florida Dog Bite Damages
According to the Florida Department of Health, more than 600 Floridians are hospitalized yearly for dog bite injuries. Bills from treating these injuries can add up and put your finances in jeopardy.
If you have medical bills, lost wages, and other damages from a dog bite, we can help you pursue compensation from the dog’s owner. Our dog bite attorneys in Hollywood, FL, will seek fair and adequate recovery for:
- Medical expenses. Dog bite injuries can cause infection, rabies, severe bleeding, and damage to muscles, tendons, and bones. You may need emergency care and ongoing treatment to address your wounds and prevent complications. We can help you seek the cost of your current medical bills and pursue awards for necessary future expenses, including surgeries, physical therapy, and any other related treatment.
- Lost income. If you missed work because of your injury or because you are caring for an injured child, we can help you recover your lost wages. We can also seek compensation for other lost earnings, such as benefits, bonuses, and tips. In addition, if you sustained a disabling injury that interferes with your ability to work or perform your current job, we can pursue awards for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Dog bite injuries can be painful and sometimes result in permanent scarring and disfigurement. We can seek monetary awards for these and other personal losses under the umbrella of “pain and suffering,” including mental anguish, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), loss of a body part or bodily function, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death. If you lost a loved one to a fatal bite injury, our lawyers in Hollywood, FL, can help your loved one’s executor pursue a wrongful death claim on behalf of their estate and surviving beneficiaries. Compensation may include your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses, medical bills, lost wages, and future lost earnings. Survivors may also seek awards for their mental pain and suffering and the loss of their loved one’s companionship, guidance, and protection.
Do Not Let Florida’s Statute Of Limitations Expire
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11 (3)(a), you must file a personal injury claim within two years of your injury. You have up to two years from your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death case, per Florida Statutes § 95.11 (4)(d). Failure to meet these deadlines can result in a dismissed case or a denied or diminished insurance settlement. We can help you get started before time runs out.
Chalik & Chalik Dog Bite Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Owners Are “Strictly Liable” for Dog Bites
According to Florida Statutes § 767.04, dog owners in Florida are “strictly liable” for bite injuries. Strict liability means they bear financial responsibility for damages caused by a bite, whether or not they behaved negligently as a pet owner. However, the dog owner (or their insurer or lawyer) may try to reduce your compensation by alleging you behaved in a manner that provoked the dog to bite.
Furthermore, strict liability only applies to bites. For example, suppose you broke your ankle running from a dog attack. In that case, you will need to establish the owner’s negligence or prove that the owner knew their dog was dangerous/aggressive to secure compensation for that injury.
Our dog bite lawyers in Hollywood, FL, can construct a case proving liability (if necessary) and defend you against claims that your actions caused your injury. Case evidence may include:
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance video or cell phone footage of the attack
- Medical records
- Police/animal control reports regarding previous incidents involving the dog (if available)
- Testimony from witnesses regarding the dog’s temperament/previous attacks
Some homeowners’ and renters’ insurance policies cover dog bite injuries, even if the incident did not occur on the insured property. We will explore your claims options or pursue legal action if needed. Our team will handle your case paperwork, deadlines, communications, and negotiations while you concentrate on healing.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Dog Bite Lawyer today
Contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
Let our family fight for your family. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how our dog bite attorneys in Hollywood, FL, can help you secure fair compensation for your injury and damages.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269