Were you or a loved one injured by a negligent or reckless boater? Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers’ boating accident lawyer in Hollywood, FL, will help you prove another party is liable for your medical treatment, vessel damages, and other losses.
If you’re injured and struggling to cope financially, we want to help you fight for your recovery. We will file your case, negotiate for appropriate compensation, and handle every aspect of your case on your behalf. While you recover from the accident, we will fight for your peace of mind and future financial stability.
We Will Fight for Justice for Your Hollywood, FL, Boating Accident
Broward County ranks among the top ten in the state for most reported boat accidents, according to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC). This means a greater risk of injury, property damage, and personal suffering.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers understands how an accident can throw your life into turmoil. One minute you are enjoying a day on the water with friends and family, and the next, you are wondering how to cope with your injuries and their financial consequences. Fortunately, we have decades of experience as personal injury lawyers that we aim to use for your boating accident case.
Our partners and founders, Jason and Debi Chalik, handle each case personally. We get to know our clients so that we can tailor our representation to their needs. We will fight for justice and ensure that someone else’s mistake does not continue to control your family’s economic stability. Our boating accident lawyers will:
- Determine the cause of your boating accident
- Prove another party’s negligent actions caused your injuries and damages
- Identify your losses and pursue fair financial recovery
- Prepare and file paperwork, track deadlines, and negotiate on your behalf
- Represent you at trial, if necessary
Don’t Wait Too Long To Hold Liable Parties Accountable
Our lawyers will explore every avenue available for securing compensatory damages. However, Florida Statutes § 95.11 allows up to four years to pursue a personal injury case. If your loved one passed away from a boating accident injury, you have up to two years from their passing to file a wrongful death action. Waiting too long could bar you from seeking compensation.
Find a Hollywood Boating Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Our Boat Accident Lawyers Will Fight for the Awards You Deserve
If you or your family member sustained injuries during a boating accident, you may have medical bills and other expenses from your collision, plus you may need to take time off work. All of this can cause a serious financial strain for your and your family.
We want to prevent you from paying the price for an accident you did not cause. We will fight for the maximum compensation available for your:
- Medical treatment. We can recover compensation for your current and future medical bills. Awards may include the cost of emergency services, medical procedures and follow-up care, MRIs, x-rays, and CT scans, prescription medications, physical therapy, mobility aids, and long-term nursing care.
- Lost earnings. If your boat accident injury causes you to miss work, we can seek compensation for your lost wages, including health and retirement benefits, bonuses, and tips. In addition, if you suffered a catastrophic injury that requires you to change careers, leave the workforce, or reduce your hours, we can pursue awards for your lost earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering compensation provides monetary awards for harm to your physical, mental, and emotional well-being. We can pursue these awards for physical pain, stress, emotional anguish, depression, permanent and debilitating injuries, scarring and disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Vessel damage. If another boat collided with your vessel or caused you to crash, we can seek awards for repairing or replacing your watercraft. We can also seek compensation for other damaged personal items, including cell phones, sporting and fishing equipment, navigation systems, and sound systems.
- Various out-of-pocket expensesb We want you to get compensation for all of your accident-related losses. Therefore, we will review your expenditures and identify miscellaneous damages, including the value of household services, home and vehicle modifications to accommodate your injuries, travel expenses, and more.
Fatal Boating Accidents in Florida
If you lost a loved one because of a boat operator’s negligent actions, our attorneys can help you pursue wrongful death compensation. On behalf of our firm, we’re sorry for your loss. It’s not just emotionally devastating to lose a loved one, but it can take a serious toll on our financial stability and quality of life. Anxiety about these things can prevent you from mourning and moving forward with your life.
We can recover losses related to your loved one’s passing, including medical bills, funeral and burial costs, lost income, and future lost income. Survivors can also seek compensation for the loss of their family member’s support, guidance, protection, and companionship and for mental pain and suffering caused by their loved one’s passing.
Chalik & Chalik Boating Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Driver Error is the Leading Cause of Broward County Boating Accidents
The FWC reports that the leading causes of boating accidents in Broward County are inattention and operator inexperience. Alcohol use and speeding also rank among the primary accident causes.
Florida Statutes § 327 and Florida Statutes § 328 outline Florida’s laws for safe vessel operation and registration. If another party violated the law or operated their boat in a negligent, dangerous, or reckless manner, we will prove they are liable for your injuries and damages. We can:
- Obtain police reports
- Interview eyewitnesses
- Gather available cell phone or surveillance video
- Hire case experts, including crash reconstruction specialists
- Photograph your injuries and damaged vessel
- Demonstrate your losses using your medical bills, wage records, and receipts
We will use our resources and knowledge of state, federal, and maritime law to construct the strongest possible case. Let us worry about your legal battles so that you can focus on healing.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Boating Accidents Lawyer today
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can get started on your case today for no upfront or out-of-pocket costs. We work on contingency, meaning you owe us nothing until we win compensation. Contact us for a free consultation and learn more about working with our boating accident lawyers in Hollywood, FL.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269