Facts About Florida Car Accidents
Florida’s roads are dangerous. Here are the facts:
• In 2015, there were an estimated 373,763 motor vehicle accidents in the state of Florida, according to Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES).
• The state of Florida saw 243,096 injuries and 2,887 fatalities from car accidents in 2015, according to FIRES.
• There were 606 pedestrian fatalities and 135 bicyclist fatalities in Florida in 2015, FIRES reported.
• Florida is estimated to have the highest rate of pedestrian fatalities from vehicle collisions in 2015, according to preliminary data from the Governors Highway Safety Association.
• Florida also has more motorcycle fatalities than any other state, according to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
• According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Florida had the highest rate of bicyclist fatalities of any state in the country in 2014, the most recent year for which complete statistics are available.
To protect yourself, drive defensively, obey traffic laws and avoid distracted or impaired driving. Pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists should take extra safety precautions. If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one as the result of a traffic accident where the other driver was at fault, then you may be entitled to compensation. Contact Chalik & Chalik Law Offices for a free consultation to learn more about your rights.