Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous types of accidents. Oftentimes, the circumstances that lead to them are confusing, and for all parties involved, they are extremely unexpected. If you were injured in a head-on collision, or if you lost a loved one due to a head-on collision, a Sarasota head-on collisions lawyer may be able to provide assistance.
To learn more about the potential of your case, contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (941) 315-4404 to speak to a legal professional. We offer a free case evaluation. It is our intent to provide personalized attention, ensuring your needs are always put first.
What You Need to Know About Head-On Collisions
Head-on collisions involve two vehicles crashing into one another at both of their front ends. These types of crashes often involve severe injuries and can even result in death for all drivers and passengers involved. The injuries suffered by those who have experienced head-on collisions can often require extensive medical treatment, long recoveries, and potentially life-altering damage.
One important aspect of these types of crashes is that due to their unexpectedness, they occur incredibly fast. Therefore, both drivers are often unable to react quickly enough to prevent the impact or even brake fast enough to thwart the force of impact.
Head-on collisions can be caused by various factors. Some causes of these types of accidents are:
- If the driver is driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated
- Driving distracted
- Aggressive driving, in which the driver may have had an outburst of road rage
- If the driver failed to notice or see road signs, causing confusion
- Reduced visibility or poor road conditions
Furthermore, if such factors are combined with speeding during a head-on collision, the outcomes can be even more devastating. Excessive speed can exponentially increase the force of impact, resulting in greater and more severe injuries and fatalities.
Assessing Liability in a Head-On Collision
In some head-on collisions, one driver is driving in the wrong direction. In these circumstances, the driver who was in the wrong lane could be at fault for the accident, and the actions that caused them to be in the wrong lane could be cited for causing it.
While head-on crashes are less frequently-occurring than other types of accidents, such as rear-end collisions and side-impact collisions, they are often much more severe. They can be especially fatal for both drivers and passengers of either vehicle. For example, in 2017, only 10.1% of all fatal accidents occurred due to head-on collisions, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III).
Find a Sarasota Head-On Collisions Lawyer
Near Me (941) 315-4404
Potential Injuries Due to Head-On Collisions
Severe injuries are very common as a result of accidents due to head-on impact. If you were recently in this type of accident, there is a high likelihood that you have suffered an injury. Types of injuries that could occur after a head-on collision are:
- Paralysis, either partial or full
- Head trauma, including concussion or traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Injuries to the neck, back, or spine
- Injuries to internal organs
- Broken bones or fractures
Compensation You May Be Able to Collect After Your Accident
If you were injured in a head-on accident, depending on your injuries, you might be faced with an extensive recovery period. If severe, your injuries may require long-term treatment or rehabilitation. Additionally, your injuries may have affected your life to where you may have missed a great amount of time from work and have dealt with the economic impact of lost wages.
As a result, it is very important to consider the option of filing a claim for compensation against the party responsible for the accident. Financial awards you may be able to collect include:
- Compensation for your medical expenses and costs related to your injuries: This may include your medical treatment, surgeries, rehabilitation, physical therapy, and any ongoing treatment.
- Compensation for your lost wages and income: You may be able to recover your lost future earning capacity if you can no longer work at your previous levels.
- Compensation for pain and suffering: You may also be able to collect compensation for mental anguish if your quality of life was affected by the accident.
If you would like to learn more about the types of compensation that you may qualify for, reach out to the legal professionals of Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (941) 315-4404. We can evaluate your case to determine what you may be eligible for and how we may be able to proceed.
Chalik & Chalik Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me (941) 315-4404
Ways a Sarasota Head-On Collisions Lawyer Can Help with Your Case
After a head-on collision that was primarily caused by a negligent driver, it may be daunting to know how to move ahead. A lawyer may provide various forms of assistance with your case to ensure you understand what you can expect if you intend to file a claim.
Among the ways a lawyer can assist you are:
- Working on a contingency-fee-basis and only getting paid when you receive a financial settlement (so that you can be assured that you pay nothing upfront with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers)
- Negotiating on your behalf with the insurance companies to ensure you are not taken advantage of and to secure a fair settlement for you
- Saving you time by handling all of the documentation, gathering of evidence, managing paperwork, and all legal communications necessary
Under Florida Statutes § 95.11, the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits is four years from the date of the accident. This means that if it is necessary to pursue a lawsuit if your claim is unsuccessful, it must be done within four years.
Retain a Sarasota Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one was recently involved in a head-on collision that was caused by a negligent driver and you suffered injuries, you may be entitled to financial awards for your losses and expenses. It may be helpful to discuss your case with a Sarasota head-on collisions lawyer. An attorney may be able to offer some insight into the potential of your case, along with additional legal assistance if you intend on proceeding with filing a claim.
For a free case evaluation, contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (941) 315-4404. We will work hard to hold the responsible parties accountable for their actions as we fight for the compensation you deserve. Reach out to our offices today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (941) 315-4404