The aftermath of an accident that causes catastrophic injuries can include long periods of physical recovery and a complex method of obtaining financial recovery. When our law firm is on your side, we can handle the latter for you. A Sarasota catastrophic injury lawyer from our team can identify the at-fault party and their insurance provider. We can also organize your personal injury insurance case or lawsuit.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we’ll work to collect evidence that proves the cause of your accident and the extent of your physical injuries. We will deal with the insurance company, so you do not have to. That means we can handle everything from communication to correspondence to settlement negations. We’ll also represent you in court if necessary and keep fighting for the best possible outcome for you.
Our Sarasota Catastrophic Personal Injury Practice Areas
We believe the financial consequences of a negligence-based accident should fall to the at-fault party. Our law firm is passionate about meeting the needs of clients injured by someone else’s negligent actions. For clients in Sarasota, our personal injury practice areas include:
- Birth injury cases
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Boat accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death cases
If your catastrophic injuries resulted from one of these or any other type of accident, we will help you prove your right to recover financial damages.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury is extreme and can be fatal, permanent, or require a lengthy recovery period. This category of injury can include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe burns
- Multiple fractures or broken bones
If you or someone you love has a catastrophic injury caused by someone else’s negligence, we can help by pursuing the negligent party for financial recovery.
Find a Sarasota Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Near Me (941) 315-4404
Proving Negligence Is the Key to Financial Recovery in Catastrophic Injury Cases
To seek financial compensation on your behalf, your Sarasota catastrophic injury attorney will start by working to prove the four legally required elements of negligence, which include:
- Duty of care — the responsibility to provide reasonable safety
- Breach of duty — the failure to provide reasonable safety
- Cause of injury — the breach of duty caused your physical injuries
- Damages — the accident had financial consequences
To document these components, we can collect your accident, injury, or animal control report. We can also compile your medical records, proof of income, witness statements, and other documents into a comprehensive evidence file and submit it to the at-fault party and their legal or insurance representative.
Damages Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyer May Recover for You
Every case is unique, and catastrophic injuries can require significant medical care and cause varying lengths of time away from your job. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our catastrophic injury lawyers may request the following damages for injured clients in Sarasota:
- Medical care
- Income loss
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Ongoing impairment
- Disfiguring injuries
In addition, the families of fatally injured victims may also recover wrongful death damages. Our case assessment team will carefully document the damages you may be entitled to recover and ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
Florida Law Affects the Timing of Your Case
Your injury case is more likely to be settled out of court than at trial. However, cases occasionally have to go to trial for resolution. To protect your right to pursue damages if the negotiation process breaks down or is prolonged, our legal team may file a lawsuit on your behalf.
In Florida, you generally have:
- Four years to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)
- Two years to comply with the wrongful death statute of limitations, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d)
- Two years to comply with the medical malpractice statute of limitations, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(b)
- Two years to comply with the nursing home abuse statute of limitations, according to Florida Statutes § 400.0236
Given sufficient notice, our law firm will ensure we accurately interpret and comply with the statute of limitations in your case.
Chalik & Chalik Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me (941) 315-4404
The Benefits of Hiring Our Personal Injury Law Firm After a Catastrophic Injury
Catastrophic injuries typically require intense recovery. While you concentrate on getting better, we can work on your case. To build a strong case for you, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation
- Assess the financial value of your case
- Communicate on your behalf
- Negotiate with the appropriate party
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Consult expert witnesses as needed
- Represent you in court if necessary
Our law firm will also take your case on a contingency-fee basis. We’ll accept a percentage of your financial award instead of upfront or hourly compensation, so you pay us no fees until we recover monetary damages for you.
Client Reviews and Recommendations
When previous clients share details about their experience with our client-focused law firm, they leave reviews like the following:
- Fred Segal: “Mr. Chalik was extremely responsive and professional. His office kept us well informed as things progressed. He showed true concern about the status of my wife’s recovery from her injury. I highly recommend his firm and feel very comfortable in suggesting them.”
- Jennifer Blanks: “I can’t say enough good things about my experience with Chalik & Chalik…They were responsive, friendly, and helpful! I felt more calm during the whole process of my accident thanks to them…I’m very satisfied with the outcome of my case. Highly recommend!”
If someone else’s negligence injured you, you can count on our Sarasota catastrophic injury attorneys to fight to hold the at-fault party financially liable for their actions. Our legal team never stops fighting for the clients we serve.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Catastrophic Injury Lawyer today
Get Your Free Catastrophic Injury Case Review Immediately
If you or a loved one was the victim of a catastrophic injury in Sarasota, our lawyers may help you prove your right to financial compensation. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, a Sarasota catastrophic injury lawyer can handle all the details involved in building your case and recovering financial compensation.
Learn more by calling one of our team members for a free review of your case today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (941) 315-4404