A series of Pep Boys tire recalls is linked to tread separation resulting in accidents and injuries. Pep Boys tires are manufactured by Cooper Tire and Rubber Company, and the company is named in product liability lawsuits filed by persons who were injured in these accidents.
The product liability lawyers at our firm are investigating claims involving injuries in accidents caused by defective Pep Boys tires. Victims who have suffered injuries in accidents can recover compensation for their losses. Call our toll-free number (855-529-0269) to speak with a lawyer about your claim.
Recalls for Defective Pep Boys Tires
Many Pep Boys recalls are linked to the defective Pep Boys Definity Dakota H/t tire model, which was recalled during the course of four separate recalls.
The company announced a recall in July 2012 that included 537 units of tires. According to the company, tread separation can cause a motorist to lose control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of rollover.
Other recalls by Cooper Tire & Rubber Company include:
- Pep Boys Definity Dakota H/t Tire Tread/Belt recall announced in June 2012 affecting10, 236 tires, and in this case, the recall was linked to tread separation, leading to a possibly fatal vehicle rollover.
- Pep Boys Definity Dakota H/t Tire Tread/Belt recall in March 2010, involving 424 units for a defect that can cause chunks of the tire to come loose while the vehicle is in operation, posing a serious risk of loss of control of the vehicle and a dangerous rollover.
- Pep Boys Definity Dakota H/t Tire Tread/Belt recall in October 2006 involving 8,583 units of tires.
Manufacturer negligence is the cause of several of these recalls. For instance, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration claims that contaminated rubber was used in the manufacture of many of the Pep Boys tires manufactured by Cooper Tire & Rubber Company and caused tread separation. Contaminated tread can separate quickly in the early stages of the tire. This is dangerous because an owner may not expect his or her new tire to have a serious risk of separation causing a rollover.
Find a Florida Pep Boys Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
More Tire Manufacturer Recalls
Chalik & Chalik Pep Boys Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Who can file a claim for damages because of a recalled Pep Boys tire?
A person who has sustained injuries in a rollover accident or any other automobile accident caused by a defective tire or families of persons killed in such accidents can file claims for damages. You must have been in an accident to file a claim against the liable party. Simply owning defective tires does not entitle the consumer to file a personal injury claim.
The following parties typically are named in defective tire lawsuits:
- tire manufacturers;
- companies that sold the tires (sometimes, the tires are manufactured by a separate company from the one that sold it); and
- auto manufacturers (because the company sold a vehicle fitted with defective tires).
Your injury claim can claim compensation for:
- medical expenses,
- lost income;
- lost future income in the case of debilitating or catastrophic injuries; and
- punitive damages (these are awarded in rare cases in which the negligence is extreme and the injury or loss to the victim is severe).
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Pep Boys Lawyer today
Contact Tire Defect Lawyers at Chalik & Chalik
Product liability claims can require extensive resources and legal expertise. The attorneys at our law firm help accident victims recover compensation for damages related to an accident involving defective tires. To understand whether you have a viable claim, call 855-529-0269 toll free to set up a consultation to speak with an attorney at our firm. You also can fill out our online evaluation form to contact us.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269