Nitto Tire Company has voluntarily recalled some of its Nitto Dura Grappler Dura-Belt tires due to manufacturing defects. The problem with the defective tires is that the tread and the belt could get separated. If this happens, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, then tire pressure could suddenly drop. This is a dangerous defect which could cause a vehicle crash. If you have Nitto tires, and you haven’t already checked them, you should do so right away.
Which Nitto Tires are Affected?
To see if your tires are among those that have been recalled, take a look at the side of your tires (including your spare tire) to find the brand, size and model. You should look for the following:
- All the recalled tires will say “Made in Japan,” and “Nitto Dura Grappler,” and “Dura-Belt,” and “Highway Terrain.” If you find those phrases on your tire, then go to the next step.
- Find the size, part number, and tire identification number. The recalled tires will have one of the following combinations of size and numbers —
- Size LT275/65R18 123Q E/10, and part number 205020, and tire identification number DOT CX BWEAW 3307 through DOT CX BWEAW 4211; or
- Size .LT265/70R17 121Q E/10, and part number 205060, and tire identification number DOT CX 7KEFA 2907 through DOT CX 7KEFA 4211 or DOT N3 7KEFA 4710 through DOT N3 7KEFA 2012; or
- Size LT265/75R16 123Q E/10, and part number 205100, and tire identification number DOT CX LTEAW 2207 through DOT CX LTEAW 4211 or DOT N3 LTEAW 4610 through DOT N3 LTEAW 0912; or
- Size LT245/75R17 121Q E/10, and part number 205120, and tire identification number DOT CX BXEFA 2507 through DOT CX BXEFA 4211 or DOT N3 BXEFA 4310 through DOT N3 BXEFA 1812.
If you need more help in finding the identifying information, see Nitto’s safety recall consumer letter, or to get answers to your questions about whether your tires are included in the recall, you can also call Nitto’s consumer hotline at (888) 529-8200.
Florida Nitto Brand Dura Grappler Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 646-5468
What Should You Do If You Have Recalled Tires?
If you find that your tires have been recalled, you should not continue to use them. They are not safe for driving. You should contact either the dealer where you bought the tires or an authorized Nitto dealer. They will make an appointment to replace your tires.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 646-5468
Accidents Caused By Defective Nitto Tires
Defective tires create conditions that increase the chances of a crash that may cause serious injuries or death. If you or a loved one were the victim of an accident involved defective Nitto tires, it’s a good idea to talk to attorneys who have experience with tire defect cases to find out about your legal rights.