A Norwegian Cruise Line vacation should be the highlight of your year. If an accident onboard has caused serious injuries and financial losses, a Florida Norwegian Cruise Line accident lawyer can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can assign a Florida cruise ship accident lawyer to your case. We allow our clients to focus on rebuilding their lives while our team fights for justice and fair reimbursement.
The Duties of a Florida Norwegian Cruise Line Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a slip and fall, swimming pool accident, or any other accident onboard a cruise ship (or during onshore excursions), you can sue the cruise line or another liable party for financial compensation. By filing a lawsuit, you are showing the cruise company that it cannot get away with negligent behavior, no matter how powerful they are.
Our personal injury lawyers tailor our approach to each client’s individual needs. For instance:
- If you are still in the hospital or otherwise unable to travel, we can visit you wherever you are.
- We can create an effective legal strategy based on your unique situation. A “cookie cutter” approach will not do.
- Your Florida cruise ship accident attorney can regularly update you about your case’s progress.
- If you are ever unsure what something means or what decision to make, all you have to do is ask, and we can help you better understand the situation.
Our clients get to work directly with our personal injury law firm’s partners, Jason and Debi Chalik, throughout their cases. While you focus on recuperating from your injuries, your Florida Norwegian cruise ship injury lawyer can:
- Collect evidence from the cruise line’s records, your medical records, and any photos or video footage that show the accident
- Speak to you, your loved ones, anyone who witnessed the accident, and experts (such as a doctor) who can speak to your injuries
- Quantify your injuries so you know your case’s true worth and can ask for an appropriate settlement or jury award
- Handle all communications with other parties, protecting you from any attempts the insurer makes to undermine your cruise ship accident case or get you to forfeit your right to damages
- Send a demand letter to the liable party’s insurance company, asking them to pay you a fair settlement in a timely manner
- Meet with the insurer to negotiate a settlement or take the liable party to court, if the insurance company will not pay what you need and deserve
In exchange for these and other services, we charge only a contingency fee. This means we only get paid when you do, and you do not have to pay us any attorney’s fees upfront or out of pocket to get us to start work on your case.
Find a Florida Norwegian Cruise Line Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Norwegian Cruise Line Accident Damages You Could Collect
The injuries you suffered on the Norwegian cruise ship and the evidence we collect to prove the at-fault party is responsible for those injuries will dictate how much compensation you can recover. We may seek compensation for:
- Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries and emotional distress
- Medical care expenses related to treating your cruise ship injuries
- Disabilities caused by catastrophic injuries, such as permanent or temporary loss of physical or intellectual capacity
- Loss of earning capacity, if you do not expect to earn as much money as you did before the accident
- Scar tissue that affects your appearance and your mobility (scars may come from either the injury itself or surgery required to treat the injury)
- Loss of income and job benefits, if taking time off to recuperate has cost you much-needed wages and other job perks (e.g., healthcare coverage)
Chalik & Chalik Norwegian Cruise Line Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
The Deadline for Filing a Norwegian Cruise Ship Accident Lawsuit in Florida
For most personal injury cases in Florida, the statute of limitations is two years, per HB 837 / SB236. However, the Norwegian Cruise Lines passenger ticket contract stipulates that shorter legal deadlines apply to injured cruise ship passengers. In most cases, you must give the cruise company written notice within 185 days of the injury, and you only have one year from the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit.
To protect your right to fair compensation, we recommend contacting us at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers as soon as possible to secure legal representation. This will give our cruise ship injury attorneys the maximum amount of time to plan and strategize your personal injury claim.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Norwegian Cruise Line Accidents Lawyer today
Norwegian Cruise Line Accidents Can Happen in Many Ways
With so much room to explore and so many things to do, cruise ships provide ample opportunity for fun and excitement. However, these huge, complex ships may also have hazardous conditions that can cause injuries.
Negligence on the part of the cruise line or an employee may cause cruise line accidents. For instance, you could sue after:
- A slip and fall accident caused by a lack of adequate warnings about slick spots caused by wet floors or spilled drinks
- Trip and fall accidents caused by uneven surfaces, lack of safe railings on stairways, falling objects, or objects left in the middle of decks, stores, food courts, or hallways
- Food poisoning caused by food products kept in unsanitary or unsafe conditions (e.g., seafood not cooked to a proper temperature or food prepared on unclean surfaces)
- Swimming pool accidents, if you or your child suffered a drowning incident due to a lack of adequate protections, such as a lifeguard
- Faulty equipment (e.g., an elevator or escalator) or furniture (e.g., a deckchair or lamp) that breaks or malfunctions when you try to use it
- Falling overboard, if the ship failed to use the warnings and protections to keep you safe (e.g., strong locks or guardrails)
When you go on a cruise, you should not have to worry about anything except having a good time. It is the cruise ship company’s job to ensure passenger safety by hiring competent staff, maintaining all equipment and other items on board, and posting warning signs as necessary.
After an accident or incident aboard a Norwegian cruise ship, our personal injury attorneys can build and manage your cruise ship injury claim or lawsuit while you take time to recover.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
Our Florida Norwegian Cruise Line Injury Lawyers Will Prioritize Your Needs
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we have been helping injury victims like you take on negligent parties—including large corporations like major cruise lines—since 2003. A Florida Norwegian Cruise Line accident lawyer from our team can work hard to champion your rights. Contact us today and let our family fight for your family.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269