If you or a loved one suffered an injury or illness caused by negligence while on a Carnival cruise, you may deserve compensation for your damages. A Florida Carnival cruise line accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can investigate your case to determine if you qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit and serve as your representative in pursuit of compensation.
We offer the first consultation for free to review your legal options and discuss potential strategies. Our Florida cruise ship accident lawyers are ready to help you.
You May Qualify for Compensation if You Were Injured on a Carnival Cruise Ship
Cruise ships serve as all-inclusive vacation spots for tourists, but these vessels often have dangerous conditions that can lead to accidents. From slipping on wet deck floors to getting food poisoning from the cruise buffet, guests on these ships can fall victim to injury or illness at a moment’s notice.
Cruise ship passengers have also sued major cruise lines like Carnival for coronavirus cases, where plaintiffs allege negligent cleaning practices (or lack thereof) led to their illness, according to Bloomberg Law.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we handle various personal injury cases that may apply to Carnival cruise ship cases, such as:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Cruise ship equipment accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Pool area injuries, including drowning accidents
- Falling overboard accidents
- Food court accident injuries or illnesses
- Retail store accidents
- Spa-related accidents and injuries, such as allergic reactions or chemical burns from products used
- Gym accidents
If you noticed negligent behavior from cruise company staff or even other cruise guests that contributed to your injuries, our legal team can investigate your cruise ship injury case to see if other third parties may be held liable for your damages besides Carnival. For example, cruise lines may held responsible when their staff fails to properly clean the ships to avoid the spread of diseases such as coronavirus or norovirus.
Find a Florida Carnival Cruise Line Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
What Damages Can You Recover in a Florida Carnival Cruise Line Accident Case?
Cruise ship accident victims who suffer injuries or illness due to negligence may demand compensation for several types of damages, such as:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Property damage, if applicable
- Current and future lost wages if your injuries put you out of work temporarily or permanently
- Permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Reduced quality of life, including loss of interest in hobbies and activities you enjoyed before the accident (e.g., traveling, swimming, or water sports)
If you experienced other damages not mentioned in this list, that is to be expected, as each person’s premises liability case is unique.
For example, occupants of other vessels that collide with cruise ships may file a cruise ship injury claim against the cruise company. In a boating accident case, you might demand compensation for the damage to your boat and costs for rescue services if the U.S. Coast Guard had to retrieve you after the accident.
Surviving Families Can Demand Compensation on Behalf of a Late Loved One
Unfortunately, cruise ship accidents can be fatal, such as if a guest falls overboard or cannot get proper emergency medical care for a catastrophic injury at sea, among other worst-case scenarios. If you lost a loved one due to a Carnival cruise ship accident, you may qualify to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on their behalf.
With a wrongful death action, your Florida Carnival cruise ship accident attorney can help you pursue compensation for damages as well as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of financial support from the decedent
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of companionship or parental guidance, depending on your relationship to the decedent
- Medical debts inherited after your loved one’s death
Our legal team will be sensitive to the ordeal you’re enduring, since we know processing grief while handling a legal case is overwhelming. Your Florida Carnival cruise ship injury attorney will manage your case for you, so you can focus on personal matters, and we will update you when necessary.
Chalik & Chalik Carnival Cruise Line Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
How a Florida Carnival Cruise Line Accident Lawyer Can Help You with Your Case
If you decide to work with a Florida Carnival cruise line accident attorney from our team, we will:
- Investigate what caused the cruise ship accident and what factors caused your injuries
- Identify potential liable parties and counsel you on whether you should file more than one legal action to pursue compensation
- Retrieve evidence to support your case, such as video footage, witness testimony, and medical records that document your injuries
- Handle paperwork necessary for your case and submit these documents within appropriate time limits
- Communicate with all involved parties on your behalf, such as the defendant’s legal team, insurance representatives, and court officials
- Work to negotiate a potential settlement deal for your case if possible, which could allow you to avoid a trial
- Prepare your case for trial and present your case in front of a judge and jury as your legal advocate, if necessary
Our legal team will also be available to answer any questions or concerns in strategy sessions with you. Should you want advice on handling case decisions, our cruise ship injury lawyers will also be transparent about what to expect as legal outcomes.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Carnival Cruise Line Accidents Lawyer today
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today to Get a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one was injured in a Carnival cruise ship accident, you may qualify to demand compensation from the cruise line or a related party that contributed to your injuries. A Florida Carnival cruise line accident lawyer can investigate your case to identify the liable party or parties, help you collect evidence, and prepare documentation to build your case.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our personal injury attorneys work hard to help victims fight for the financial recovery they need. We’ll treat you like family. Let us help you fight for the compensation you need – contact us to speak with a member of our team in a free consultation. We’ll take care of the rest.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269