If you were in a car accident and National General Insurance denied your claim for your losses, you could face hardships. For example, your medical bills could be piling up, or you may not be able to work, which could keep you from having the money to repair your vehicle.
If this is your situation, a Florida National General car insurance claim lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you pursue your claim and make the process easier for you and your family.
What to Do If the Insurance Company Denies Your Claim
All Florida drivers must have car insurance, per Florida Statutes § 627.7407. Florida is a no-fault state, which means drivers must file claims with their insurance company for the costs of their injuries and property damage.
However, sometimes insurance companies don’t want to pay out and will deny a claim even if you have a right to recover compensation to cover your losses after an accident. So, what can you do about it?
File an Appeal
The first step you should take is to file an appeal. Always file an appeal in writing or via email so that there is a paper trail of documentation your lawyer can use as evidence if your case ends up in court.
Consult an Attorney
You might be hesitant to consult with an attorney, but our firm has decades of experience handling personal injury and insurance claims. We can pursue compensation from the insurance company for you and advocate for and protect your interests.
Our Florida National General car insurance attorney understands the ins and outs of the insurance system, and we will not let an insurer take advantage of you.
Find a Florida National General Car Insurance Claim Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Our Florida National General Car Insurance Claim Lawyer Can Help You
It can help to have an attorney on your side when battling an insurance company to payout on your claim. Insurance companies work on a profit basis and have their attorneys, so they could intimidate or trick you can and avoid paying you the compensation you deserve. Hiring an attorney evens the playing field.
When you hire our Florida injury law firm, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the accident: We will investigate the accident and gather evidence, such as police reports, medical records, video surveillance, photographs, witness accounts, and expert opinions to strengthen your case.
- Calculate your claim’s value: We will assess your claim’s value so that if your insurance company offers you an initial settlement offer, we can determine if it’s fair. Insurance companies tend to make low offers that may not adequately cover your losses.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: We will enter negotiations with the insurance company and seek a fair settlement on your behalf.
- File a lawsuit: We will file a lawsuit and represent you in court if necessary to recover damages for you because even though most cases settle out of court, we’re not afraid to go the extra mile for you and your family.
- Work with the partners directly: Lawyers at our firm will take the time to get to know you and give your case personal attention. That’s how important you and your case are to us.
Chalik & Chalik National General Car Insurance Claim Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
We Can Seek to Recover Damages for You
You have the right to receive compensation for your accident losses. The compensation you could seek includes economic damages, verifiable monetary losses, and non-economic damages, non-monetary losses. These damages include:
- Medical expenses: Insurance should cover any expenses you incur due to injuries you sustain in an accident, including ambulance transportation, X-rays, surgery, emergency room costs, hospitalization, and devices. Medical bills can be crushing and cause many people to declare bankruptcy every year. Your coverage should pay your medical expenses.
- Lost income: Your injuries could prevent you from working and may even require you to get a different job or leave the workforce permanently. Compensation should cover lost wages or salary, benefits, commissions, future earning potential, retraining programs, vacation time, and sick days.
- Property damage: You need your vehicle for transportation, which means it needs repairs to make it roadworthy again. Insurance generally covers your vehicle’s repairs and replacing any personal items you lost in the accident.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation also covers emotional distress and mental anguish. You could need therapy for psychological trauma after an accident as well. While it can be tricky to determine the value of compensation for pain and suffering, it’s an important part of your claim.
Our Florida injury lawyer will consider these damages and more when calculating your insurance claim. While we handle the legal aspects of your case and work to secure a fair settlement, you can focus on your recovery.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's National General Car Insurance Claim Lawyer today
You Have a Limited Time to Take Legal Action in Florida
There is no set time limit for filing a claim with National General Insurance. National General will consider a claim even if you file it months or years after the accident. However, National General is more likely to deny your claim if an unreasonable delay prevents them from investigating.
If National General denies your claim, the statute of limitations comes into play if you are considering legal action.
Under Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you have a deadline of two years to sue the liable party for compensation. We strongly urge you to consult an attorney as soon as possible so you have legal representation that will work to meet the statute of limitations in your case.
If you wait until after the deadline passes, you will lose your right to file a lawsuit for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Florida, call (855) 529-0269
Call Us for Help With Our Florida National General Car Insurance Lawyer Today
We want to believe that National General Insurance will be there for us when we need their help. But sometimes the insurance company doesn’t play nice. Our law firm has won multimillion-dollar settlements for victims like you.
You deserve compensation, and if your claim has been denied, a Florida National General car insurance lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is ready to evaluate your case today. Call us to get so that we can start working for you.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269