If you or someone you love was injured in an accident on the water, we can help. A Florida Keys water skiing accident lawyer from our team will document the cause of your accident and the cost of treating your injuries.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we will review your case for free. When we accept your case, we’ll fight to recover your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. Our personal injury team will thoroughly investigate your case and identify the negligent party. We can also handle the negotiation process from start to finish and fight for the best possible outcome for you.
Water Skiing Accidents Can Lead to Serious Injuries
As fun and exciting as water skiing can be, it involves using a large boat designed to move at a high rate of speed. The speed of water skiing can be exhilarating, but can also lead to potentially catastrophic injuries.
According to the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, some injuries reported in water skiing accidents include:
- Chronic pain
- Lower back and leg pain
- Head, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Elbow, wrist, and hand injuries
- Hip, thigh, and knee injuries
- Limb, ankle, and foot injuries
If you or someone you love endured one or more of these injuries, our personal injury lawyers can help you fight to recover the costs of your required medical care. We will obtain your medical records from all sources when assessing your recoverable damages.
Recovering Medical Bills and Other Types of Compensation
When we accept your case, our Florida Keys water skiing accident attorneys will assess your current and future medical expenses. We will help you seek to recover medical costs, including emergency care and hospital admissions. Assistive medical devices, rehab, and therapy costs may also be recoverable.
In addition to ongoing treatment costs, we may help you recover the following economic damages:
- Current and future lost earnings
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
Your Florida Keys water skiing injury lawyer will also work hard to recover the following forms of non-economic damages. More challenging to substantiate on your own, they may include:
- Physical disability and disfigurement
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
If your family lost a loved one, we also help you fight to recover a range of wrongful death damages. Our water skiing accident lawyer in the Florida Keys will create a detailed list of your recoverable damages. They will also ensure no valid expenses or losses are overlooked or omitted.
How Florida Law Impacts the Timing of Your Case
Your lawyer will likely settle your personal injury case out of court rather than with a lengthy trial. However, filing a lawsuit can be a powerful bargaining chip that your lawyer may use to assist in negotiations. In this case, you must file your lawsuit in accordance with:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), which generally gives you two years from the date of the accident to file your personal injury lawsuit
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d), which generally gives your family two years from the date of a loved one’s death to file a wrongful death lawsuit
The statute of limitations is mandatory but can be complicated. According to Florida Statutes § 95.051, exceptions to the statute can alter the filing deadline. When our water skiing accident attorney serving Florida Keys clients accepts your case, we’ll ensure we file your potential lawsuit on time.
Find a Florida Keys Water Skiing Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Common Causes of Water Ski Accidents in the Florida Keys
Water skis require focus and concentration during use. Inattentiveness can lead to serious, even life-threatening, injuries. Causes of accidents on water skis can include:
- Striking an object or another watercraft
- Sharp, sudden, or unexpected turns
- Manufacturer or design defects
- Boat operator distraction or intoxication
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we are on your side. You do not have to investigate your accident alone. A water skiing accident lawyer serving the Florida Keys will investigate your accident and work to prove the at-fault party’s negligence and liability.
Chalik & Chalik Water Skiing Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Our Florida Keys Lawyers Can Help With Your Water Ski Accident Case
To pursue compensation for you, we will document the negligence, carelessness, or recklessness that led to the accident. The investigation our Florida Keys water skiing accident lawyers conduct will aim to prove:
- The at-fault driver owed you a duty of care
- The at-fault driver breached their duty to you
- The at-fault driver’s actions caused the accident
- The accident caused financial damages
We will collect evidence substantiating your case, including the official accident record, medical records and bills, and salary history records. The evidence we collect for you may also include boat repair and maintenance records. Our investigation may also uncover injury and accident scene photos and eyewitness statements.
See Why Previous Clients Recommend Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers
When they talk about their experience with our law firm, clients we previously represented leave reviews like the following:
- “Mr. Chalik was extremely responsive and professional… I highly recommend his firm and feel very comfortable in suggesting them when asked for recommendations.” – Fred Segal
- “Truly grateful to have worked with Debi. I highly recommend Chalik and Chalik to anyone needing an attorney who will fight for you [the] best they can.” – Jennifer Burgos
- “This office is outstanding…They all go way and beyond to assist their clients… Keep up the great work everyone!!” –Rosalind Echevarria
We work hard to provide open, honest, and personal legal representation. Read more reviews on our testimonials page and see why you can count on our Florida Keys water skiing accident attorneys to fight for you.
Call 24/7 for Your Free Strategy Session
Were you or someone you love involved in a water skiing accident? If so, a water skiing accident attorney in the Florida Keys can help. We will handle the insurance company while you focus on your recovery.
Learn more about how hard a Florida Keys water skiing accident lawyer from our law firm will go to bat for you by contacting our consultation team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269