Catastrophic injuries can inflict victims with profound injuries, permanent disfigurement, and life-long disabilities. Dealing with these consequences is hard enough; knowing that another party’s negligence caused your condition can make matters worse.
If you or a loved one was injured because of another party’s actions, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers would like to hear from you. An Orlando catastrophic injury lawyer can pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, rehabilitation costs, and other expenses. We offer free case reviews where we can discuss your situation.
Our Florida Injury Firm Advocates for Injured Claimants on a Contingency-Fee Basis
A catastrophic injury can permanently affect your financial resources. While determining how to make ends meet, you don’t want to worry about affording legal help. That’s why Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers advocates for its clients on a contingency-fee basis.
Our law firm does not bother with upfront fees, retainers, or hourly rates. You don’t pay us anything unless and until your case concludes.
Find a Orlando Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Near Me (407) 420-9838
Florida’s Statute of Limitations Limits Your Time to File an Injury Lawsuit
To pursue compensation through an injury lawsuit, you must initiate action within Florida’s statute of limitations. If you fail to obey the deadline, you will lose your right to receive compensation and hold the at-fault party financially responsible.
For a catastrophic injury lawsuit, you generally have two years from the accident date to file your case, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Yet, this deadline may change slightly depending on what caused the injury. For example, if medical malpractice caused your catastrophic injuries, then you could have two years to file your lawsuit.
The Statute of Limitations Also Applies to Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If you lost a loved one from a catastrophic injury, words cannot express our condolences. We will do everything possible in your case to advocate for your late loved one—including filing your lawsuit within the applicable deadline. You generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our law firm will handle all the paperwork associated with filing your case and push for a fair resolution.
Chalik & Chalik Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me (407) 420-9838
A Catastrophic Injury Lawyer from Our Team Can Seek These Damages
Our catastrophic injury attorneys will evaluate your losses by consulting with experts, evaluating your economic losses, and reviewing your medical bills. Compensable losses in your case may comprise:
- Your accident-related current and future medical expenses
- Income losses
- Reparations for diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Diminished quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Home or vehicle modifications
- Wrongful death-related damages, such as funeral expenses
The purpose of these economic and non-economic damages is to make the victim “whole” again––at least financially. Our attorneys will work with you to recover every injury-related loss you have faced.
Wondering How Much You Can Recover for Your Losses?
The value of your case depends on several factors, including:
- The extent of your damages: Generally, the more severe and extensive your damages, the more compensation you can recover. For instance, if you can no longer work because of your condition, you could recover more than someone who only misses work for a few days.
- The severity of your condition. Your injuries (and the extent of your necessary treatments) will determine how much you can seek.
- Your degree of fault: Florida follows a pure comparative negligence system. You can still contribute to your injuries and still recover damages. Yet, this can affect the value of your case.
Our attorney will examine your case and offer further insight on how much you can recover.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Catastrophic Injury Lawyer today
Our Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Will Fight for a Favorable Outcome in Your Orlando Case
When you have a catastrophic injury attorney from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers handling your case, you can focus entirely on your physical recovery.
Here are some ways our legal firm can serve you:
- Review the accident and explain your legal options
- Investigate your case to determine how the accident occurred and whose holds liability for your injuries
- Consult with field experts and specialists to identify the full extent of your accident-related expenses
- Assign a value to each of your economic and non-economic losses
- Collect evidence to prove negligence and damages
- Negotiate with the insurers till they agree to favorable compensation
- Represent you in court if the insurer does not agree to a settlement
We understand that the aftermath of sustaining a catastrophic injury is full of stress and pain. Our compassionate team will do everything possible to win you the financial reparations you need to move forward.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Orlando, call (407) 420-9838
Our Attorneys in Orlando Advocates for People Suffering from These Conditions
Catastrophic injuries come in many forms. Many of them have the potential to inflict long-term consequences on victims, limiting their ability to function in numerous ways. Our team advocates for people suffering from:
- Organ damage
- Severe burns
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Spinal cord injuries
- Chronic illnesses
- Birth injuries
Profound injuries like these tend to emanate from car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and other acts of negligence.
Whatever the circumstances that resulted in your catastrophic injuries, our legal counsel wants to hear from you. You can trust that with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers on your side, we’ll pursue everything you need and deserve.
Our Orlando Injury Team Will Prove That Negligence Caused Your Condition
Proving negligence using strong evidence is key to winning a fair settlement amount. To accomplish this, our catastrophic injury attorney will demonstrate that:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant breached their duty of care.
- The breach resulted in your catastrophic injuries.
- Your injuries caused compensable damages.
Supporting evidence in your case could include doctor’s notes, medical records, bills, employment letters, and more.
Contact Our Orlando Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Today to Get Started
Florida’s liability laws are complicated. With Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers by your side, you don’t have to navigate the complex legal process. You can entrust your case to one of our professionals.
Call us to speak with one of our team members and schedule a free, no-obligation case review with our catastrophic injury team in Orlando. During the meeting, our team will explain your case’s potential, our legal services, and anything relevant to your situation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (407) 420-9838