Paralysis is a central nervous system condition that is often a result of a catastrophic injury, such as a spinal cord injury or a traumatic brain injury. If you or a loved one became paralyzed because of an accident caused by another party’s negligence, you may have grounds to sue for compensation.
Our legal team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers helps people in Miami, Florida, fight for the financial recovery they need after enduring severe injuries like paralysis. When you call our firm, we can assign a Miami paralysis injury lawyer to represent you and begin working on your case right away.
Types of Accidents That Can Lead to Paralyzing Injuries
Various types of accidents can lead to paralysis injuries, such as:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Bus accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Bicycle accidents
Find a Miami Paralysis Injury Lawyer
Near Me (305) 944-2035
Our Team Will Demand Compensation That Reflects the Damages You Suffered
Paralysis can completely disrupt a person’s life, as they will no longer be able to perform daily tasks and will require special medical care to live. While for some accident victims, paralysis is a temporary injury, many others suffer permanent paralysis. According to Cleveland Clinic, the severity of a person’s paralysis can also range from incomplete to complete, which refers to whether a portion of or their entire body is paralyzed.
The damages you experience or have experienced are unique to your case. Our legal team in Miami will want to know the extent of your injuries and losses, as this will guide us on how much compensation to pursue on your behalf. The following are some common damages accident victims claim in their paralysis cases.
Medical Expenses You Faced During Recovery
Medical treatment for paralysis victims is specialized in most cases, which can come with steep costs. Whether you have medical insurance or not, you may demand compensation for the following medical expenses:
- Emergency room treatment
- In-patient hospitalization
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Doctor’s appointments
- Imaging exams, such as X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans
- Blood work and other lab testing
- Chiropractic care
- Prescription medications
- Medical aid equipment, such as electric wheelchairs or forearm crutches
For individuals who require medical aides or disability aides to perform daily tasks, you may also be able to demand compensation to cover these expenses. If you faced other medical costs, feel free to disclose that information with your personal injury lawyer in Miami so that they are included in our calculations.
Income Loss and Other Financial Setbacks
For many paralysis victims, this type of injury means the end of their careers, but not always. Still, recovering from paralysis to the point that you can return to work can be a lengthy process. So, if you were forced to lose wages during your recovery or had to leave your job position entirely, you may be able to recover those losses.
If you return to work but have to accept a lower-paying position, our team can consult a vocational rehabilitation expert to determine the difference in wage earnings that you would have made had you not been paralyzed. We may also factor in other financial damages that affect your earning ability, such as:
- Property damage costs (e.g., vehicle repair or replacement costs)
- Alternative transportation costs if you are unable to drive (e.g., public transit, taxicab, or carpool service costs)
- Domestic service costs (e.g., cooking, childcare, or cleaning service costs)
Physical and Emotional Losses You Endured
Living with a temporary or permanent disability like paralysis can be physically and emotionally challenging for any person. Our legal team will consider the non-financial damages you suffered because we understand that financial setbacks were not the only things you felt.
Personal injury cases allow accident victims to have their full cases heard. We can help you demand compensation for physical and emotional losses, such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress, such as depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Challenges that you experienced now that you have a permanent disability
- Loss of enjoyment in former hobbies and activities
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium and other challenges you faced with your partner
Chalik & Chalik Paralysis Injury Lawyer Near Me (305) 944-2035
How a Paralysis Injury Attorney in Miami, FL, Can Help You Build Your Case
When you work with a Miami paralysis injury lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we offer the following services:
- Private investigation: Our team will review accident reports, medical records, and other evidence related to your injury event. We will also collect anything that might support your case, such as video footage that captured the accident, eyewitness testimony, and expert analysis reports.
- Administrative services: Your attorney will direct our team to fulfill necessary tasks for your case, such as preparing and filling out legal paperwork or filing motions to request evidence for your case. Should you receive messages or calls from insurance adjusters or defense attorneys, our team can handle these communications to protect your case.
- Legal representation: Your paralysis injury attorney in Miami, Florida, will attend all legal appearances for you, both in and out of court. If possible, they will work toward negotiating a settlement deal for your case. Otherwise, they will represent you in a trial if necessary. Should you have questions about how to move forward with your case, they can also provide legal counsel so that you make informed decisions.
Our firm will provide case updates as it develops. Additionally, we will inform you how long you have to file your case based on the statute of limitations in Florida Statutes § 95.11.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Paralysis Injury Lawyer today
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to Start Your Miami Paralysis Injury Case
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our legal team advocates for accident victims who have suffered severe spinal cord injuries that led to temporary or permanent paralysis. If you or a loved one in Miami, Florida, became paralyzed because of an accident caused by a negligent party, our attorneys want to listen to your case. We can have a Miami paralysis injury lawyer from our firm represent you and fight for your financial recovery.
Call now to get a free consultation with a member of our team. We’ll go over your legal options, then discuss our contingency-fee agreement with you. You can start working with a paralysis injury lawyer in Miami, FL, as soon as today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (305) 944-2035