If you or a loved one was injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by distracted driving, speeding, fatigue, impaired driving, and other reasons, a Miami passenger vehicle accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is here to help. You can speak to a member of our team at (305) 944-2035 to learn about filing a passenger injury claim.
How Your Passenger Vehicle Accident May Have Occurred
Passenger vehicle accidents are typically caused by a driver’s negligence. The other party involved in your accident may have done the following:
- Not following traffic rules
- Drinking and driving
- Following too closely
- Texting while driving
If another driver’s actions caused your collision, you may have the right to be compensated for the damages you suffered.
Miami Passenger Vehicle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Who May Be Liable for Your Accident
Passenger vehicle accidents may involve only one vehicle, another passenger vehicle, a commercial truck, or another type of vehicle. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your claim, the following parties may be potentially liable for your accident:
- The driver of the vehicle – If you were a passenger in a vehicle, the person driving may be responsible for your damages. Florida is a no-fault insurance state, meaning that each person’s own insurance generally covers the damages for their injuries and those of their passengers under their personal injury protection coverage.
- At-fault driver – There may be exceptions to the no-fault insurance scheme that may apply to your case and allow you to sue the at-fault driver. For example, Florida Statutes § 627.737 allows you to sue the negligent driver if you suffered a permanent injury or your medical bills exceed the amount of personal injury protection.
- Employer – If you were working at the time of the accident, you may be able to file a workers’ compensation claim. If the other driver was working, you may be able to file a claim against the person’s employer, since employers are often legally responsible for the actions of their employees that occur within the scope of their work.
Our team can investigate your claim and determine all potentially liable parties. We will also seek to hold those other parties accountable for the damages you have suffered.
What to Do After a Passenger Vehicle Accident
If you were injured in a passenger vehicle accident, it is important that you take steps to protect your legal rights and the value of your claim, such as:
Asking for a Copy of the Police Report
After an accident, law enforcement will typically respond to the scene to conduct a brief investigation and complete an accident report. This report may include useful information, such as:
- A statement on the weather and road conditions
- Whether the other driver received a citation
- The law enforcement officer’s impressions about how the accident occurred
Be sure that you obtain a copy of the police report to provide to your lawyer. A legal representative from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you analyze the report. Call (305) 944-2035.
Follow up with Medical Treatment
While you likely received emergency medical treatment after the accident, be sure that you carefully follow your doctor’s instructions and make it to all of your appointments.
Print Out Pictures
Print out pictures that you took at the crime scene of skid marks, property damage, and your injuries.
Make a Claim
File a claim with your insurance company, or the one that covers the driver of the vehicle you were in at the time of the accident. You may be able to pursue compensation from the insurance company of the other driver involved in the accident.
Do Not Give a Recorded Statement
You do not have to agree to give a recorded statement. Your personal injury lawyer may even advise against doing so.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer
Contact a Miami passenger vehicle accident lawyer who is familiar with passenger rights and is not afraid to stand up against an insurance company that wants to cheat you out of the compensation to which you are entitled.
Possible Legal Obstacles in Passenger Vehicle Accidents
Passenger vehicle accidents may involve some unique legal obstacles, such as:
Multiple Passengers Are Injured
Since passenger vehicles may hold many passengers, multiple people may be injured in the same accident. The at-fault driver’s minimum liability coverage may not be sufficient to cover all related damages. So, you may decide to contact a personal injury lawyer who can explore all potential sources of compensation and assist you with your claim.
Insurance Companies May Deny Liability
With multiple insurance companies potentially involved, the insurance companies may try to deny liability. They may try to get out of paying on the claim by blaming the other driver.
A personal injury lawyer from our firm can anticipate these challenges and help you overcome them.
Other Obstacles You May Face
If you were a passenger at the time of the accident, you might know the person who was driving. He or she may be your family member, friend, or coworker. Some passengers might be hesitant about seeking compensation because they do not want to sue a loved one.
However, when you file an insurance claim, you are not suing anyone. You are simply asking to be compensated for the injuries that the insurance policy in place covers. A lawyer may be able to recover a fair settlement without ever having to sue.
Contact Us Today for Your Free Consultation
If you or your loved one was injured in a motor vehicle accident, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is ready to help with all aspects of your claim. Our Miami passenger vehicle accident lawyers can investigate your claim and all of the factors that contributed to it, so that you know against whom to file a claim.
We charge no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for your claim. Call us today at (305) 944-2035 for your free case review.