Spinal cord injuries are a type of catastrophic injury you could sustain after an accident. They can leave you temporarily or permanently paralyzed, and treating such injuries can be very expensive and take a very long time.
Given this, you might be wondering if there is a way to get financial compensation from the person or organization that caused your injury. The Jacksonville spinal cord injury lawyers with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers could guide you through the legal process and fight for every penny you deserve—all while you stay home with your family and focus on feeling better.
Spinal Cord Injury Compensation
Spinal cord injuries are often severe enough to qualify as a “serious injury” under Florida law. This means you could have more options to pursue fair compensation than someone with a less serious injury.
According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), a spinal cord injury could affect your life in the following ways. You could:
- Have to pay for a variety of treatments, including surgery, diagnostic tests, assistive devices, and rehabilitative therapies
- Experience debilitating physical and mental pain from both the spinal cord injury and any conditions you develop as a result of it (e.g., pneumonia or mental health issues)
- Suffer long-term or permanent problems with motor skills, respiration, speech, etc
Your lawsuit could ask the liable party to pay for all of these losses. You could also qualify for compensation based on:
- Lost income resulting from your temporary or permanent inability to work
- Lost personal property (e.g., the cost of replacing your car if it was totaled in the same wreck that caused your injury)
- Lost quality of life, since long-term or permanent injuries will affect your ability to live alone, take care of yourself or your dependents, and enjoy your life
What About Fatal Spinal Cord Injuries?
Since this type of injury is so serious, some victims pass away, either immediately or while receiving treatment.
If this is the situation your family now faces, please accept our condolences for your loss. Our family wants to be there for yours. Jason and Debi Chalik can help you pursue wrongful death compensation, which may include:
- The pain of losing someone dear to you and all of the emotional benefits they brought to your relationship
- The estimated wages your loved one would have earned for the family over the course of their working life
- The cost of a funeral, a burial, estate settlement, and other end-of-life costs
How Do I Calculate Damages?
You can hire our Jacksonville spinal cord injury lawyer to help you figure out your case’s monetary worth. You must know the value of your case before filing a lawsuit. Asking for an amount not supported by evidence would
- Undermine your case’s credibility
- Give the insurer reason to question your entire case
- Make it harder for you to receive compensation for the things you need
We can use legal formulas and documentary evidence to come up with a fair amount of money for you to demand. If the insurer sees and understands how we came up with that amount, they may be less likely to resist paying it.
Find a Jacksonville Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
Near Me (904) 549-6065
Our Jacksonville Attorney Can Represent You
Since 2003, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is dedicated to helping our community. We proudly provide a wide range of legal services to our clients, including:
- Advising you of your options: There may be several ways to handle your case. We can help you figure out which option is best for you.
- Conducting an investigation: Our team wants to hear your story. We want to know everything about the accident. This way, we can come up with a solid strategy—and the liable party’s insurer cannot surprise us with new information or revelations.
- Identifying the liable party: Was your injury caused by a reckless driver, the manufacturer of a faulty product, a negligent property owner, or someone else? We can find out and sue that party to hold them accountable for their actions.
- Handling all communications: We would be happy to draft and submit documents, field phone calls, write emails, and more.
- Negotiating on your behalf: Some insurance companies are willing to negotiate a settlement. We can handle this most delicate of tasks, fighting relentlessly for appropriate compensation over the course of one or several meetings.
- Representing you in court: And if the insurance companies are unwilling, we will not hesitate to take your case to court. This would mean working to persuade a jury to rule in your favor and order the liable party to pay what you deserve.
You can work directly with our partners to recover compensation without having to expend energy you cannot afford. Our spinal cord injury lawyer in Jacksonville, FL, can provide honest, compassionate representation at a very harrowing time in your life.
Chalik & Chalik Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Near Me (904) 549-6065
Florida Law and Your Spinal Cord Injury Case
In recent years, changes in state law have made it more challenging for Jacksonville personal injury survivors to pursue compensation. For example, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you generally have only two years to begin a case, whereas you previously would have had four years.
In addition, to receive compensation, you must now prove that you are not more than 50 percent responsible for the accident. Otherwise, you cannot receive any damages at all.
Rather than letting such laws deter you from recovering compensation, you can rely on our spinal cord injury attorney in Jacksonville, FL. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can:
- Explain everything you need to know about such laws
- Suggest ways that you can receive compensation while complying with the law
- Keep an eye on the changing legal landscape so you are never caught unawares by a new or amended law
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer today
Our Jacksonville Attorney Is Here for You
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our family knows that you are going through a very difficult time. We want to help with your case by assigning a Jacksonville spinal cord injury lawyer to take care of all your legal needs. Get started with a free evaluation today by contacting our office.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (904) 549-6065