If you were injured in a construction accident in Jacksonville, Florida, you may be facing lost wages, medical bills, or be unable to carry out daily tasks.
The outcome of a construction accident is usually costly, both in terms of financial and physical health. The lawyers at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are dedicated to helping the laborers of Jacksonville by protecting them against unfair workers’ compensation rulings and careless construction employers.
If you are dealing with high medical bills and a loss of work after suffering a construction accident, let our construction accident lawyers in Jacksonville, FL help. Call our legal team today at 904-549-6065.
Safe Job Site Requirements
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is responsible for setting safety regulations on construction worksites. These regulations protect contractors and employees from dangerous and hazardous work conditions. They cover all aspects of the construction industry including:
- Confined spaces
- Fall prevention
- Trenching practices
- Heavy machinery operation
- Electrical standards
OSHA and the state of Florida expect all employers to be aware of these safety regulations. Failing to offer a safe work environment can leave them liable for damages.
Jacksonville Construction Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
For a free legal consultation with a lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (855) 646-5468
Important Steps Following a Construction Accident
Of course, the most immediate thing on your mind following a construction accident is your health. Collecting compensation and potentially filing a legal claim is probably the last thing you consider. However, it is important to take the necessary steps to protect your eligibility for compensation following the accident:
- Receive medical care. Your health is the most important thing. Always seek medical care following a construction accident. This is important even if you feel okay. It is possible the adrenaline and fear of the accident are currently masking your injury.
- Keep a record of everything. You might need to provide documentation later to collect compensation. For this reason, it is important to keep a careful record of your accident and care, including medical records, witness statements, and any medical invoices.
- Provide necessary notice. Notice may or may not be important to your case. If your construction accident involves workers’ compensation, then the state requires you to notify your employer within 30 days of the accident. Failing to follow the specific workers’ compensation requirements can deem you ineligible for the compensation you deserve.
- Discuss your case with a construction accident lawyer. It is not always easy to determine if you need a lawyer. Scheduling a complimentary consultation at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers gives us the opportunity to evaluate the details and legal options of your case.
Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (855) 646-5468
How We Assist with Your Construction Accident Case
Suffering an accident on a construction job can affect you both financially and emotionally. It can leave you with expensive medical bills, lost wages, and a lifelong need for accommodating work.
The construction accident lawyers in Jacksonville, FL, at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers understand the significant consequences this has on your life and are ready to fight for the compensation to make your life after the accident easier. Call us today at 904-549-6065.
Investigate Your Case
An investigation is important in order to determine who is at fault. Whether the accident was the fault of an employer, contractor, equipment manufacturer, or another employee, it is necessary to determine liability. If your damages exceed available compensation or you are not eligible for workers’ compensation, then we may need to file a case against the responsible party.
We manage your case investigation by collecting documents such as medical records and witness statements. We may also recreate the scene of the accident to determine what went wrong.
The awardable damages available in your construction accident case depend on the severity of your injury, your ability to work, and the cost of your medical bills. We carefully consider every way the accident has changed your life and fight to get you the maximum compensation possible. Florida allows recovery of the following damages in a construction accident case:
- Medical costs (past, present, and future)
- Emergency care costs
- Lost wages
- Lost benefits
- Property damage
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Childcare costs
- Household renovation needs
Navigate the Legal Process While You Recover
Recovery after a construction accident can be lengthy. Depending on the severity of the injury, it’s possible it could take months, or even years, to fully recover. Navigating Florida’s legal requirements while you focus on recovery can be an unwelcome burden. Working with our team of personal injury lawyers in Jacksonville means you can focus entirely on your recovery while we fight to get you what you deserve.
This also means we file all workers’ compensation paperwork and third-party claims within the time limits. Workers’ compensation requirements state that we must submit claims within two years from the date of the accident. Florida requires us to file all construction accident third-party cases within four years from the date of the accident.
This timeline can run out fast. If you think you might be eligible for construction accident compensation, act soon. Call a construction accident lawyer in Jacksonville, FL, today at 904-549-6065.
Discuss Your Case with a Construction Accident Lawyer in Jacksonville, FL, Today
You spend the majority of your workweek on the Jacksonville, FL, job site. You expect your labor to be rewarded with consistent pay and an environment free from danger. So, when you suffer injuries that prevent you from earning a paycheck or taking advantage of your benefits, it can be disorienting.