Florida has the highest rate of uninsured motorists on its roads and highways. The Insurance Information Institute estimates that 26.7% of motorists in Florida are uninsured, and their decision to drive illegally is often reflected in their driving habits.
If you or a loved one was in an accident involving an uninsured motorist, do not assume you have no legal recourse. You may still be able to recover compensation for your injuries, losses, and other expenses.
Contact an uninsured motorist accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, today to better understand how to pursue financial damages against the liable party. Call our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (954) 476-1000 for a free consultation.
Even with Insurance, You May Not Be Covered
The state of Florida’s no-fault motor vehicle law requires all drivers to have some level of personal injury protection (PIP) insurance coverage in their policy. But more than 25% of motorists on Florida’s roads choose to forego even this most basic form of vehicle insurance, and in doing so, choose to break the law.
While your own PIP insurance covers a portion of your damages, it may do so on only the most basic level. You may be compensated for expenses like:
- Emergency transport
- Vehicle/property damage
- ER bills
- Doctor’s appointments
- Some lost wages
The amount you can recover under your PIP policy generally has a rigid financial cap (typically $10,000), and these policies also typically do not compensate victims for other losses that directly impact their quality of life, such as mental anguish and the cost of losing a loved one. To recover additional compensation beyond these limits, you may need to file a personal injury lawsuit.
In cases where the liable motorist has no insurance at all, a personal injury claim may be your only recourse. Allow a legal counselor from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to assist you throughout the filing process and to the conclusion of your suit.
An uninsured motorist accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, can help you get the ball rolling by meeting with you, hearing the specifics of your case, and starting the legal filing process. Call today.
Find a Fort Lauderdale Uninsured Motorist Lawyer
Near Me (954) 476-1000
Allow an Attorney from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to Help You
We have worked with many clients who have been struck and injured by an uninsured motorist. Though the liable party in these accidents will not have an insurer with whom we can file a claim, you may be able to recoup damages through a personal injury lawsuit instead.
Damages that we may be able to recover include:
- The cost of ongoing physical and/or psychological rehabilitation
- Prescription medication costs
- Pain and suffering
- Overall medical and rehabilitation costs that exceed your insurance policy’s coverage
If an uninsured motorist accident claimed the life of your loved one, we may be able to file a wrongful death suit. In these cases, potential damages may cover:
- The deceased’s pain and suffering (also known as a ‘survival claim’)
- Any medical costs that the deceased incurred prior to passing
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of the deceased’s expected future income
- The value of services that the deceased would have provided
- Loss of consortium, which can cover the loss of love, companionship, and guidance that resulted from the loved one’s death
How We Will Serve You
Our clients are paired with one of our partners to ensure personal, honest care from start to finish. We will meet you in your hospital bed to hear your story firsthand—what occurred, how has it affected you, and what questions and concerns you may have.
We will then begin the task of getting your claim rolling by:
- Investigating the scene of the accident
- Reviewing any evidence of the accident, from video recordings to photographs, witness accounts, and police reports to prove that the liable party was at fault for the accident
- Speaking with your healthcare provider to understand and obtain documentation of the full extent of your physical and psychological trauma
- Speaking with a representative of the liable party to explore any potential settlement options while taking into account their financial standing
- Calculating the dollar value of the damages you are owed
- Filing necessary documents with the courts to initiate the pursuit of the damages to which you are entitled
- Serving as your legal counselor until a settlement or judgment is reached
We are active in the community, especially Fort Lauderdale’s Jewish community, and we treat all our clients like family. Call our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (954) 476-1000 for a free consultation.
Chalik & Chalik Uninsured Motorist Lawyer Near Me (954) 476-1000
Avoid the Headaches by Calling an Uninsured Motorist Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Today
Victims of uninsured motorist accidents who attempt to navigate the legal system themselves may not understand exactly what they are getting into. An ineffective or ill-considered defense may lead to or incur:
- Unanticipated court-related costs not offset by recovered damages
- Additional mental anguish from reviewing the evidence
- Additional stress from trying to manage paperwork, filing deadlines, and communications from many different sources
Attorneys are valuable not only because they typically know how to create and support an effective legal claim, but also because they are willing to dive into the unpleasant details of an accident to protect your rights to compensation. This responsibility should not fall on you or your loved ones, who are already dealing with enough heartache and hardship.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Uninsured Motorist Lawyer today
You Only Pay When We Win
Our clients pay us only when we secure a favorable judgment or settlement. We will go over the details of your circumstances with you in depth, keep you abreast of developments in your case, and ensure that you remain comfortable at every turn.
There is no risk in calling us today to discuss your story. Call our team of uninsured motorist accident lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL, at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (954) 476-1000 for a free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 476-1000