If you or a loved one were injured in an accident with a construction truck, you may be entitled to compensation. A Fort Lauderdale construction truck lawyer can investigate your circumstances, explain your legal options, and manage communications with the liable insurance company.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we understand how frightening a truck accident can be. We want to help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost income, and emotional turmoil. We aim to provide personal, honest legal representation to each of our clients. We also work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that you may hire a lawyer at no out-of-pocket cost to you and your family.
To learn if you have the basis of an insurance claim or lawsuit, do not hesitate to get in touch with our legal team today. We offer your initial consultation at no cost. To learn more, dial (954) 476-1000.
Potential Causes of Your Construction Truck Accident
Broken bones, whiplash, and spinal cord trauma are just a few injuries that can occur following a collision with a construction truck.
The driver responsible for your injuries may face liability for your damages if one or more of the following instances took place behind the wheel:
- The trucker was under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or both.
- The driver fell asleep and crashed into you.
- The trucker was engaged in distracted driving at the time of the accident.
- The driver was speeding.
To prove that the trucker was negligent and therefore responsible for your damages, we must present proof.
The following types of evidence can help bolster your case:
- The police report from the scene of the crash
- Accident scene photos and videos
- Witness statements
- Statements from your doctor regarding your injuries
- The names of prescribed medications, follow-up appointment dates, and your expected recovery time
These are only a few pieces of evidence that could support your case. If you suffered injuries or financial losses due to a collision with a construction truck, you have legal options.
Contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers for a free consultation at (954) 476-1000.
Find a Fort Lauderdale Construction Truck Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (954) 476-1000
Liability for Your Fort Lauderdale Construction Truck Accident
Liability for your construction accident case may not necessarily rest on the trucker, but instead, their employer. Per the legal doctrine respondeat superior, you can hold an employer legally responsible for the actions of their employees, as per the Legal Information Institute (LII). Depending on the nature of your case, several parties could be liable for your damages.
These parties include:
- The trucker. If the trucker’s actions caused the crash, they may be financially liable for your damages.
- Their employer. We mentioned above that the trucker’s employer could share liability for the crash if their employee caused the collision. However, they could also be held responsible if they did not adequately train their employees, conduct regular drug testing, or maintain their fleet of vehicles.
- A government municipality. Your collision may have been a result of poor roadway conditions. If so, you may be able to hold a government municipality responsible for your damages.
- A parts manufacturer. The truck that hit you may have had a defective component that prevented it from functioning properly. If so, you could have the basis of a product liability claim against the party who built the truck.
No two truck accident cases are alike. For that reason, there could be additional parties liable for your damages than those listed here. An attorney from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can use the evidence in your case to determine fault and liability for your damages. To learn more, reach out to our Florida legal team today.
Chalik & Chalik Construction Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (954) 476-1000
Protecting Your Case Against Unethical Insurance Companies
Some construction companies have large insurance corporations on their side. An insurance adjuster may attempt to settle your case for the least amount of money possible.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we want to help you fight for the compensation you deserve. We can handle all communications with the liable insurance company so that you can focus on your health and wellbeing. A Fort Lauderdale construction truck lawyer can also write and send your demand letter to the insurance company. This document outlines the extent of your injuries, the details of your accident, and the cost of your damages.
If the liable insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, then we will file a lawsuit against the at-fault party and go to court. You can start protecting your rights by getting in touch with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers. We can advise you on what you should and should not share with the insurance company.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Construction Truck Accidents Lawyer today
Florida Gives Claimants Four Years to File a Lawsuit
Florida Statute §95.11 gives claimants a four-year window to file a personal injury lawsuit. The statute of limitations in your case begins from the date of your accident. Failing to meet this deadline could eliminate your right to compensation.
You may have lost a loved one in a collision with a construction truck. Under the same statute, you have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Time marches on as you learn to deal with your injuries or mourn your loss. Do not miss your chance to pursue both compensation and justice.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (954) 476-1000
How a Fort Lauderdale Construction Truck Accident Lawyer Can Serve You
Without meeting with you and discussing the details of your accident, it is impossible to predict your case’s outcome. However, when you partner with our legal team, we will do everything in our power to secure compensation for you and your family. When you work with other law firms, sometimes, you never actually meet your lawyer. You communicate through their assistants or a paralegal.
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we believe in working closely with claimants on their cases. When you team up with us, you will have the chance to work directly with our founding partners.
We can help you by:
- Itemizing the cost of your damages
- Building your case based on evidence
- Investigating the details of your collision
- Speaking with witnesses and third-party field consultants
- Reviewing your medical bills
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
We believe that you deserve justice for your construction truck accident injuries and losses. We encourage you to give our team a call today.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Provides Personalized Representation
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is ready to start advancing your legal goals today. A Fort Lauderdale construction truck lawyer is your advocate during this challenging time in your life. To discuss your legal options with a member of our team, dial (954) 476-1000.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 476-1000