Parents expect school to be a safe haven for their children, but sometimes, it is not. Children can be hurt playing sports, running at recess, or even while eating lunch. NBC Miami reports that in November 2021, a father claims that his son was injured in a fight at school and had to go to the hospital. The medical bills from a school injury can be expensive, and the emotional pain can be traumatic.
Teachers, administrators, and other school employees must make school safe for kids. If your child was injured at school in Fort Lauderdale because of another person’s negligence, you could recover financial compensation.
You can act independently, but you may prefer to work with a Fort Lauderdale school injury lawyer with Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers.
Negligence and Liability for a School Injury
When a child suffers an injury because of another person’s negligence, it is a big deal. Schools must keep kids safe by:
- Maintaining school property and equipment
- Hiring appropriate employees
- Training them for their roles
- Supervising students at all times
When schools fail in these areas, they neglect their obligation to provide children with a safe learning environment. When a child is injured because of negligence, the responsible party (or parties) can be held legally liable for expenses related to the injury.
Here are some examples of school injuries caused by negligence:
- Playground injuries
- Sports or other recreational injuries
- Injuries caused by slip and fall hazards
- Injuries from defective or poorly maintained school equipment
- School bus injuries
- Physical or emotional harm from bullying
Find a Fort Lauderdale School Injury Lawyer
Near Me (954) 476-1000
Recoverable Damages in a School Injury Case
In general, more severe injuries result in greater damages than less serious injuries. Our lawyer will collect evidence related to your case to estimate the value of your damages.
Here are some of the damages that may be available after a school injury in Fort Lauderdale:
- Medical expenses such as ambulance rides, emergency treatment, X-rays or other diagnostic images, surgeries, rehabilitative therapies, and more
- Pain and suffering if your child experienced emotional distress or became permanently scarred or disfigured
Chalik & Chalik School Injury Lawyer Near Me (954) 476-1000
Why Work with My Lawyer?
Many parents desire a good relationship with their child’s school. So, taking legal action against the school after their child’s school injury can feel uncomfortable. Parents may not know what damages are available or how to pursue them.
Our lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale can explain how much compensation the injury is worth, outline the legal process, and take over administrative, insurance, and legal tasks.
Your lawyer can:
- Investigate your child’s injury: We will look into the incident that led to the injury by interviewing your child and any eyewitnesses, taking pictures of the scene, gathering police reports, and more.
- Gather evidence of the school’s negligence: We will collect evidence showing that the school’s failure to provide a safe environment caused your child’s injury.
- Estimate how much your case is worth: We will use evidence, including medical bills and records, interviews with your child, pictures of the injury, and more to determine the value of your claim.
- File an insurance claim: We will submit all insurance paperwork for you.
- Negotiate a settlement: We will negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company.
- File a lawsuit: If negotiations fail, we will sue the responsible parties and seek compensation in court.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's School Injury Lawyer today
Client Testimonials for Our Lawyers
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we represent people who have been victimized by all types of negligence: car accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, and more.
Our team is dedicated to obtaining the best possible outcome for our clients, whether it is through an out-of-court settlement or litigation. Here are some testimonials from clients we have helped:
“I can’t say enough good things about my experience with Chalik & Chalik! Everyone from the office was great but I primarily spoke with Jason and Dell who were readily available to answer any questions I had… Highly recommend!” – Jennifer Blanks
“Jason Chalik handled my auto accident case in early 2011. The entire process was incredibly simple… I felt comfortable with the process and the staff handling my case. They clearly explained the process and kept in constant communication during the case. I never felt like I was in the dark… Overall, this was an excellent experience (except for the accident, of course).” – A personal injury client
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Fort Lauderdale, call (954) 476-1000
Act Before Time Runs Out
You only have a limited amount of time to take legal action against the party responsible for your child’s injuries. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) establishes the statute of limitations for personal injury at four years. This means you must file a lawsuit against the at-fault party within four years of your child’s injury. If you wait too long, you forfeit your right to sue.
Florida Statutes § 95.051 allows for some exceptions to this deadline. After reviewing your case, our lawyer will let you know how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit.
We are Ready to Seek Justice for Your Child
No child should ever feel unsafe in school. If your child suffered an injury at school in Fort Lauderdale, you could recover damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Our lawyers may be able to help, so call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (954) 476-1000. Not only do we offer free case consultations, but we work on contingency. So, you pay nothing unless we win your case.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 476-1000