Florida requires that those 16-years-old and younger wear a bicycle helmet for protection; however, statistics point to good reason to wear a helmet no matter what your age.
Anyone who has witnessed the damage done to a bicyclist when hit by a negligent driver can tell you that protecting your head with a helmet is a good idea. The statistics back this up:
- Collisions with motor vehicles account for 75 percent of all bicycle fatalities.
- Head injuries account for about 60 percent of motor vehicle collision deaths.
- Bicycling accounts for nearly three times as many head injuries than either baseball or football head injuries.
- Wearing a helmet can reduce your risk of head injury by about 85 percent.
- 75 percent of bicycle-related deaths among children could be prevented with a bicycle helmet.
As the statistics indicate, by wearing a helmet you can drastically lower an incidence of serious injury or even death in a bike accident .
If you are a cyclist or ride a bike anytime, we encourage you to wear a helmet.
To learn more about these types of cases, call the Fort Lauderdale accident lawyers of Chalik & Chalik today for a free consultation about your case. You can reach us by calling toll-free (855) 529-0269 or by filling out the form on this page.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269