If you were involved in a truck accident, you may be experiencing severe bodily injuries, mounting debt, and mental strain. The personal injury team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers wants you to know you are not alone.
A Pembroke Pines truck accident lawyer at our firm can help relieve the stress you are feeling by filing a personal injury claim for compensation on your behalf. During a free case review, a member of our legal team will inform you of your rights and determine how we may be able to help.
Calculating Damages for Your Truck Accident Claim in Pembroke Pines
Our truck accident attorneys serving Pembroke Pines will always work to achieve fair compensation in every case. To do this, we will carefully evaluate your expenses and the physical and emotional injuries you sustained due to your accident. We’ll closely examine receipts, medical bills, invoices, pay stubs, and related documentation to determine what the truck accident has cost you financially. This is usually the easier part of the damage calculations.
Next, we’ll assess your non-economic losses. These are generally unquantifiable, but they are an important part of making you whole again. Your non-economic losses involve physical and emotional pain and suffering and usually result in reduced quality of life.
Find a Pembroke Pines Truck Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (954) 681-4276
Damages You May Claim in a Pembroke Pines Truck Accident
Damages you may recoup from your truck accident in Pembroke Pines can include:
From prescription medications to physical rehabilitation, the cost of your medical care may be recoverable in a personal injury claim. If you require surgery, assistive devices, or medical equipment, these items may be covered as well. You may also be entitled to the cost of any future medical care you will require as you heal.
Whether you are a traditional employee or self-employed, you may be entitled to recover the income lost due to your injuries. If you had to miss work or projects that would have paid you, our legal team will assess the financial value of those losses to ensure we seek proper compensation.
We will factor your damaged vehicle and any possessions you were carrying that were destroyed when the truck hit you into your compensation.
Without a functioning vehicle or the ability to drive one, you may need to rent a car or hire a rideshare service to get around. In addition, if you must travel to receive necessary medical care, we can include your transportation costs in your claim for damages.
Pain and Suffering
Serious bodily injury can occur from a truck accident. These injuries are often catastrophic for victims in passenger cars. Broken bones, damaged nerves, ruptured organs, or an injured spinal cord can leave you in severe agony.
Lost Quality of Life
The accident and your injuries may take a psychological and emotional toll on you. It’s common for auto accident victims to experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, or anxiety. Coupled with your physical pain and limitations, these things significantly decrease your quality of life.
Chalik & Chalik Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (954) 681-4276
A Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer at Our Firm Can Make the Legal Process Smoother
Commercial truck accidents are notoriously complicated. Complex liability issues and questions over jurisdiction and applicable state laws can make navigating a truck accident case difficult. For that reason, we do not recommend you attempt to take legal action by yourself. A Pembroke Pines semi-truck accident lawyer on our team can take care of your case and make the pursuit of compensation much smoother. We will:
- Investigate whether the truck driver or motor carrier that employed them complied with state and federal regulations. We will look into driver log books, black box data, employment history, maintenance records, hiring discrepancies, and licensing requirements to discover any violations that may have contributed to your accident.
- Discover all parties that may be responsible for the truck collision, which could include the truck driver’s employer, the loading company, or truck manufacturer, amongst many others.
- Determine the proper jurisdiction of your lawsuit. Many semi-truck drivers travel between states to pick up and deliver their payloads. We’ll sort out which state has authority over your case and the applicable laws.
- Handle communication amongst all parties involved in your semi-truck accident. Multiple liable parties usually translate to multiple insurance providers and attorneys. Our Pembroke Pines personal injury lawyers will manage calls, emails, and in-person communications with them so you don’t have to.
- Negotiate a fair settlement or take your case to court. The accident lawyers at our firm are dedicated to protecting your rights and best interests first and foremost. We will take the evidence we’ve gathered to support your case and present it for a fair settlement offer. If the liable party is unwilling to deal straight, we can file a lawsuit in court.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Truck Accidents Lawyer today
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Driver error is the leading cause of commercial truck accidents. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) report that 87% of large truck accidents result from driver mistakes. More specifically, driver errors may be related to:
- Insufficient monitoring of surroundings
- Truck drivers not seeing vehicles in their blind spot
- Distracted driving
- Traveling too fast for driving conditions
- Drug and alcohol use
Truck accident victims can count on our firm to provide passionate legal help in their time of need. The partners at our firm, attorneys Jason and Debi Chalik, handle every case personally. Since 1995, our team has been fighting for victims in personal injury law and recovering millions of dollars on their behalf.
Pembroke Pines residents looking for help with their commercial truck accident can visit us at our Miami office, located just 20 minutes away. You’ll find us at 28 W Flagler St #1000, Miami, FL 33130 in the Courthouse Plaza.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Pembroke Pines, call (954) 681-4276
Schedule Your Free Consultation and Connect With a Pembroke Pines Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Let Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers demand the compensation you deserve after your truck accident. We are committed to bringing clients the best outcome in their cases. Call us today for a free consultation to see what a difference a Pembroke Pines truck accident lawyer can make in life. We want to ease your burden during this overwhelming time.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 681-4276