As a motorcyclist in Fort Myers, you face unique challenges out on the road. Challenges become more apparent when you’ve been hit and hurt by a negligent driver. Motorcycle accidents can leave you severely injured, swamped with medical bills, and missing time from work. The pain of your injuries coupled with financial stress can make it impossible to recover in peace.
A Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer with our firm can help you hold the at-fault party legally responsible. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we help you fight for what you deserve so that you can focus on getting better. We will provide you with a free case review if you contact us today.
How does a Motorcycle Accident Case Work?
To recover compensation, you must prove the negligence of the other driver or party. For instance, reckless driving, defective parts, or unsafe road conditions are viable reasons for a crash. Negligent parties during a motorcycle accident case may include:
- The other driver
- The motorcycle manufacturer
- A mechanic
- The dealership
- A government entity (local, state, etc.)
Our duty as your legal representatives is to collect sound evidence to establish fault. This evidence can include video, photos, medical records, police reports, eyewitness statements, and more.
By working quickly to collect this information while it’s still fresh, you will have a more compelling case. Although Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) generally allows up to two years to file a personal injury lawsuit, we recommend getting started right away.
Find a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (239) 360-3029
The Possible Damages You Can Recover in a Fort Myers Motorcycle Crash Case
The potential settlement amount for your claim will depend on many factors. When determining what to fight for, costs that we consider include:
- Property damage expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Past and future medical expenses
- Child care costs
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental anguish
We can also help you if you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident. You may be able to recover the following damages to allow you to grieve without worrying about bills or other expenses:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Lost support and services
Chalik & Chalik Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (239) 360-3029
Do’s and Don’ts After You’ve Been Hurt in a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident
After you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident, you will likely be in a lot of pain. Keep the following in mind to protect your wellbeing and your right to pursue financial compensation:
- Do request medical attention. You should seek medical attention immediately to check for injuries and to show the insurance company that the accident was a direct cause of your injuries.
- Do keep records. You should keep records of doctor’s appointments, lab reports, and anything you can remember about the accident and the events following for future reference.
- Do request an accident report. An accident report is an accurate and unbiased documentation of events and can greatly benefit a personal injury case. Under Florida Statutes § 316.066, someone must file a crash report within 10 days of the incident, should the accident have resulted in injury, death, or property damage.
- Do seek legal consultation. When you’re injured in a motorcycle accident, the fallout can be overwhelming. An accident lawyer on our team can help you deal with the insurance companies, collect compensation, and more.
- Don’t admit fault. After an accident, it is normal to express grief or concern. However, keep in mind that statements like “I’m sorry” and “It was my fault” can be used against you.
- Don’t say, “I’m not injured.” Avoid talking about your injuries until you have been thoroughly examined by a medical professional.
- Don’t accept a settlement without having our team evaluate it first. The insurance company may try to get you to settle a personal injury case before you gain proper legal representation. Most often, these settlements aren’t enough to cover the lost wages, medical bills, pain, and suffering you’ve endured.
After being injured, you must take immediate action to get on the path to recovery. A Fort Myers motorcycle accident lawyer at our firm can work with you to create a solid fault-based case.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer today
What Working With Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Is Like
When dealing with insurance companies and the inherent bias against motorcyclists, it can be difficult to fight these cases alone and get fair compensation. With representation from our partners at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, you will get the personalized, professional service needed to get you what you deserve.
After a motorcycle accident, you are already in a vulnerable state. That’s why we offer representation without hidden agendas. Our clients benefit from a free consultation and a promise that they won’t pay anything unless we help them win compensation.
Results That Speak for Themselves
Over the years, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers has secured hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Our constantly-growing portfolio of results speaks for itself.
Nationally Recognized Firm
Our firm has been recognized in major publications such as Inside Edition, CNN, USA Today, and others for our results and attentiveness to our clients’ cases.
Personalized Customer Experience
We value the client experience above all else. Helping our clients recover in peace is our top priority. That’s why we make it our duty to be present for you wherever and whenever you need us the most. Our partners are readily available throughout the entire process to answer questions, address concerns, and update you on the process.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Fort Myers, call (239) 360-3029
Start Working WIth a Fort Myers Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at Our Firm Today
Getting hurt in a motorcycle accident can be overwhelming and traumatic. At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we want to help put your mind at ease. Let us help you recover in peace and hold the at-fault party responsible.
Get in touch with us now at (239) 360- 3029 for your free, no-obligation consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (239) 360-3029