Life’s daily activities should allow you to feel safe and secure – but a sudden slip or trip can shatter that security in an instant. If a property owner’s negligence led to a fall that has left you injured, afraid to return to normal activities, and facing mounting medical bills, you may feel overwhelmed.
At Chalik & Chalik, we understand the trauma caused by accidents that aren’t truly your fault.
Our Pompano Beach personal injury attorneys have decades of experience advocating for accident victims during painful recoveries. We know the physical, emotional and financial tolls these incidents can take.
We dedicate ourselves to pursuing maximum possible compensation on your behalf. When we handle your claim, you can focus all your energy on healing – without added anxiety over costs or uncertainty about the future. Our Pompano Beach personal injury lawyers can help lift that burden.
Where do Slip and Fall Accidents Commonly Happen in Pompano Beach?
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, but it’s important to remember that the property owner has a duty of care to maintain safe premises for employees and visitors. Here are some of the most common places slips, trips and falls occur:
- Grocery stores
- Retail stores
- Apartment complexes
- Shopping malls
- Parks and recreation areas
- Sports arenas and stadiums
- Government buildings and courthouses
- Hospitals and medical facilities
- Hotels and event venues
- Amusement parks
- Offices and businesses
Find a Pompano Beach Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
Common Causes of Slip and Falls that Result in Personal Injury Claims
Every slip and fall on another person’s property isn’t always the property owner’s fault. However, in many instances, the property owner or management fails to address a hazard that causes an accident.
Some of common causes that often result in slip and fall claims include:
- Wet floor spills
- Cracked or uneven floor tiles
- Greasy or wet surfaces
- Food or liquid debris
- Cluttered aisles or walkways
- Lack of warning signs
- Unstable shelves, boxes or other items
- Construction areas or other hazards without warnings
- Slippery exterior conditions
- Cables, hoses or other tripping hazards left across floors
- Worn, damaged carpets or lack of slip-resistant surfaces
- Overflowing food or trash areas
- Steep stairs or ramps without proper railings
Your premises liability lawyer in Pompano Beach will perform a thorough investigation to determine how negligence played a role in your injury and identify the parties at fault.
Chalik & Chalik Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Establishing Knowledge of the Hazard
One of the most important aspects in determining liability is showing the defendant knew or should have known about the hazardous condition that caused the slip and fall. Our attorneys exhaustively investigate multiple sources that can provide evidence of notice, such as:
Maintenance logs and work order records: Prior complaints about the specific condition provide direct knowledge.
- Photographs and incident reports: Documents depicting the hazard’s prolonged existence without repair.
- Witness statements: Testimony that employees or others observed the hazard previously.
- Site inspection reports: Regulatory agency findings of past code/safety violations.
- Design flaws: Inherently dangerous premises layouts imply foreseeable accident risks.
- Similar past incidents: Recurrent injuries from the identical hazard show awareness.
The more comprehensive our proof of a property owner’s notice, the more likely liability will be assigned for their failure to remedy the known danger. Clear evidence of knowledge can significantly increase settlement or damages award potential in court.
Leaving no stone unturned in the investigative process is key to demonstrating the defendant’s negligence. Your slip and fall accident lawyer in Pompano Beach can help you gather evidence to establish negligence.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer today
What Factors Determine How Much My Slip and Fall Case Is Worth?
Some key factors that typically impact the value of a slip and fall claim include:
Severity of Injuries
Claims with serious injuries like fractures, head trauma, long-term disabilities will have higher value than those with only minor injuries. The extent of medical treatment required is also a factor.
Ongoing medical bills, surgeries, physical therapy and other variables increase the damages amount.
If the victim missed time from work or is unable to work at prior capacity, their lost income can be financially crippling. Time lost from work due to accident-related injuries can be recouped financially.
We procure documentation of salaries, commissions, bonuses, and fringe benefits to quantify current and future income reductions stemming from an inability to perform regular job duties.
Other factors that will impact the value of your personal injury claim include:
- Proof of defendant’s negligence: Clear evidence they had knowledge of the hazard and failed to address it in a timely manner increases likely liability and payout.
- Location of fall: Public business premises generally present higher duty of care than private residential properties.
- Prior incident history: Establishing the defendant ignored repeated similar incidents can strengthen the case.
- Settlement/jury verdict averages: Your Pompano Beach slip and fall accident lawyer will analyze typical awards for comparable cases in the location or court.
- Future medical costs: In the event of a catastrophic injury or permanently disabling injury, lifetime care costs for permanent disabilities are often factored into settlements.
- Pain and suffering valuation: Non-economic damages are intrinsically harder to precisely calculate. Generally speaking, the more severe the injury, the greater the pain and suffering damages become.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Pompano Beach, call (855) 529-0269
Contact a Pompano Beach Personal Injury Law Firm to Discuss Your Slip and Fall Accident Today
Your injuries are enough to deal with. It’s time to regain a sense of empowerment and security by seeking legal help. Speaking to our firm’s skilled Pompano Beach slip and fall accident attorneys can help you understand your options and legal rights going forward.
We’ve helped many accident victims receive full and fair compensation. Remember, you deserve peace of mind after an unforeseen accident sidelines you through no fault of your own. You can put our experience to work fighting to hold negligent parties accountable.
The future is unclear enough without added stress. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation. You have nothing to lose by speaking with us, so take that next step towards stability.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269