The Ruby Princess is one of the Princess Cruises ships that was permitted to continue sailing despite being the site of a novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak on a previous journey, per National Public Radio (NPR). Those whose health may have been put at risk by Princess Cruises include:
- Any paying passengers who were permitted aboard The Ruby Princess after the first case of COVID-19 surfaced on the ship
- Any paying passengers who were aboard The Ruby Princess with other passengers confirmed to have COVID-19, yet were not told about the presence of those infected passengers
- Crew members on The Ruby Princess, whether or not they were aware of passengers onboard being infected with Covid-19
- Anybody who became infected because of COVID-19 cases originating on The Ruby Princess
If you have questions about your eligibility to bring an individual lawsuit or participate in a class action lawsuit, speaking with a Ruby Princess coronavirus lawsuit lawyer may provide answers. A Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers team member can walk you through a free consultation today: (855) 529-0269.
Princess Cruises Showed a Pattern of Potential Negligence
The outcome of various lawsuits against Princess Cruises may determine whether the cruise line engaged in negligence for certain, but there seems ample reason to believe that the cruise line put passengers, crew members, and others at imminent risk of COVID-19 infection.
The Ruby Princess serves as one of several cases where Princess Cruises seemingly failed to exercise their duty of care for the health of those onboard. As of April 16th:
- Approximately 600 Australian passengers previously aboard The Ruby Princess had contracted COVID-19, per MSN
- At least one American had died because of COVID-19 likely originating from their time aboard The Ruby Princess
- At least 21 deaths were linked to The Ruby Princess, according to The Guardian
- At least 35 additional cases of COVID-19 infection were documented from a largely international group of passengers
There is reason to believe that at least some of these cases may have been prevented with an increased practice of caution and compassion. Yet, Princess Cruises engaged in a pattern of behavior which—at face value—appears to be blatant negligence. Some facts that reveal the wrongdoing of Princess Cruises officials include that
- The Ruby Princess continued to sail with 2,700 new passengers even after a doctor on board the vessel advised that the company “stop all cruise ships”, according to The Guardian
- Officials from The Ruby Princess gave health authorities in Sydney—where The Ruby Princess docked multiple times—incorrect health records that may have contributed to hundreds of COVID-19-infected passengers leaving the vessel
- The decision to allow passengers disembark—potentially the result of underreported illness figures from The Ruby Princess’ staff—may have caused a subsequent COVID-19 outbreak in Tasmania, per The Guardian
The case of The Ruby Princess is seemingly consistent with other Princess Cruises ships, which were permitted to continue loading passengers and sailing despite indications of COVID-19 on board the ship. The Diamond Princess and Coral Princess were two other COVID-19-affected vessels for which Princess Cruises now faces scrutiny.
If you or a loved one has been affected by the possible negligence of Princess Cruises (and their actions relating to The Ruby Princess specifically), then you may be able to start or join a lawsuit in pursuit of compensation for your losses. A Ruby Princess coronavirus lawsuit lawyer may be able to help you. Call (855) 529-0269 to speak to a Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers team member.
Lawsuits Are Mounting Against Princess Cruises
As the mistakes of Princess Cruises with respect to COVID-19 have become increasingly apparent, so has the negative impact that those mistakes have had. As those on board The Ruby Princess (or potentially infected by a chain reaction stemming from The Ruby Princess fall ill), lawsuits are coming to the forefront.
A family from Los Angeles has sued Princess Cruises for wrongful death after their loved one passed away from a case of COVID-19 contracted while onboard The Ruby Princess, according to an ABC report.
You may qualify to bring a lawsuit against Princess Cruises (or join a class action lawsuit against the cruise line) if:
- You were infected by COVID-19 while onboard a Princess Cruise Line (such as and including The Ruby Princess) or after departing the ship
- Your loved one was infected with COVID-19 during their time on a Princess Cruise, or after departing a Princess Cruises vessel
- You or a loved one was infected as part of an outbreak linked to a Princess Cruises vessel
Speaking with a Ruby Princess coronavirus lawsuit lawyer could help you better understand your eligibility for joining or launching a lawsuit against Princess Cruises.
Call Our Team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Today
- Hear why you believe you have reason for a lawsuit against Princess Cruises
- Assess your eligibility for such a lawsuit
- Handle all of your legal needs should we mutually agree to proceed with a lawsuit
- Defend your rights
You or your loved one could be entitled to compensation for your losses. Call our team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers today at (855) 529-0269 for a free consultation.