According to a U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission report quoted in Insurance Journal, approximately 13,000 accidents involving golf cart vehicles result in injuries that require emergency room care. These accidents can range from golf cart collisions with motor vehicles, like passenger cars or trucks, to accidents involving small children falling out of the golf cart and onto their heads.
If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a golf cart accident in The Villages, Florida, you may have grounds to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit if the incident was caused by someone else’s negligence. Our legal team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can review your case for free to determine your legal options, then assign a The Villages golf cart accident lawyer to your case to advocate for your right to financial recovery.
What Kind of Damages Can You Claim in a Golf Cart Accident Case in Florida?
The types of damages you can claim in a golf cart accident case in Florida will depend on the injuries you actually suffered and certain consequences that followed because of them. Personal injury cases allow injured parties to demand compensation based on their specific damages, so our team will go over how your golf cart accident in The Villages affected you and then calculate a monetary figure to pursue on your behalf.
To give some examples of what kinds of damages you might claim, you may pursue compensation for:
- Medical treatment expenses, such as costs for surgeries, doctor’s appointments, physical therapy, emergency room care, and hospitalization
- Property damage costs, such as costs to repair the golf cart if you owned it and it was damaged in the accident or even costs to replace it if it was destroyed completely
- Income you lost while recovering from your injuries or if you can no longer return to work because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering, which includes physical and emotional pain
- Emotional distress, such as depression and anxiety
- Reduced earning potential if you are able to return to work but at a lower-paying position because of your injuries
- Damages related to living with a permanent disability or physical disfigurement, such as caretaking services costs or loss of enjoyment in former hobbies and activities
- Diminished quality of life
- Other out-of-pocket expenses, such as costs for medical aid equipment, like an electric wheelchair
As mentioned, you may claim other damages not listed in this article, as each personal injury case is unique to the injured individual. Your personal circumstances will determine your damages, and our team aims to be fair when estimating how much compensation to pursue on your behalf. Our legal team has won multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients, which you can read more about on our case results page.
Wrongful Death Cases Allow Surviving Families to Pursue Other Damages
Unlike standard vehicles, golf carts do not have nearly as good protection when involved in collisions. People inside golf carts can suffer catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries, or even pass away if involved in collisions with motor vehicles. If you lost a loved one in a golf cart accident, you may qualify to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit on their behalf.
Wrongful death cases are similar to personal injury cases but allow plaintiffs to pursue additional damages, such as:
- Funeral arrangement costs
- Burial or cremation costs
- Loss of financial support by the decedent (deceased individual)
- Loss of parental guidance for the surviving child(ren)
- Loss of companionship or consortium for the surviving spouse
- Medical debts left behind by the decedent
- Loss of inheritance
Our team understands grieving a loved one is not a short journey, which is why we offer to manage your case for you while you give yourself the space and time you need. We can update you about your case when necessary.
Find a with a Golf Cart Accidents lawyer serving The Villages,
Near Me (855) 529-0269
How Our Golf Cart Accident Attorney in Florida Can Help You Build Your Case
When you work with a The Village golf cart accident lawyer from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, our legal team provides you with the following services:
- A private investigation into your case to determine which party or parties can be held liable for your injuries or damages
- Evidence collection so that we can support the claims you make in your case about how the golf cart accident occurred and the injuries you suffered as a result
- Administrative services, which can range from filling out legal paperwork to responding to messages from inquiring parties, such as insurance adjusters
- Legal counsel, whenever you are faced with case decisions, such as whether to move forward with a lawsuit or accept a settlement offer you receive
- Legal representation in all in-court and out-of-court appearances
If you have further questions about how our legal team can help you build your case, you can speak with a member at our firm in a free consultation when you call.
Chalik & Chalik Golf Cart Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Florida’s Statute of Limitations Dictates How Long You Have to File Your Case
Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury cases, as written in Florida Statutes § 95.11, dictates that you must generally submit your lawsuit within two years of the injury incident, or the golf cart accident in your case. Failure to submit your case within this legal time frame could jeopardize your case, as a judge may dismiss it on those grounds or per the request of the defendant if they find out you filed late.
A similar filing window is set for wrongful death lawsuits, as you generally have two years from the cause of death to submit your case. If you are unsure about your case’s filing deadline, our legal team will determine it for you and take appropriate steps to ensure your case remains valid.
Call Now to Get a Free Case Review by Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we advocate for our clients who have been wrongfully injured because of another party’s negligence. If you or a loved one suffered an injury in a golf cart accident in The Villages, Florida, our legal team wants to hear about your case.
We offer the first consultation for free to review your case and go over your legal options. From there, we can have one of our The Villages golf cart accident lawyers represent you. Start your legal journey today.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269