T-bone collision accidents can cause serious injuries and leave victims out of work for an extended period of time. If you sustained injuries in a side-impact accident in Fort Lauderdale or elsewhere in Broward County, a T-bone collision accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you understand your rights.
We offer free case reviews and can explain your options for pursuing a payout in your case. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be limited to filing a claim based on your own FL § 627.736-mandated personal injury protection (PIP) policy. Because of the nature of this type of accident, however, we often find victims can take fault-based action and hold the at-fault driver liable.
Call us today at (954) 476-1000 for your free consultation.
Understanding Side-Impact Collision Accidents
There are a number of ways a T-bone accident can occur. Most occur in intersections. The at-fault driver is generally negligent in one of these ways:
- Failing to stop at a stop sign
- Failing to wait for oncoming traffic who does not have a stop sign
- Failing to stop at a red light
- Trying to beat a yellow light and running the red light
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic while turning left
For the victims of side-impact accidents, they often seem to come out of nowhere. They were following traffic laws and became the victim of someone else’s mistake behind the wheel. Distracted driving, drunk driving, and fatigued driving can all contribute to T-bone accidents. Speeding is also a common factor that contributes to these accidents.
T-bone collision accidents are especially dangerous for those who are in the car hit in the side. This is especially true for those sitting on the side where the impact occurs. Most cars offer less protection for occupants during a side-impact accident than in a rear-end or head-on accident.
If you or a member of your immediate family sustained injuries in this type of car accident in Fort Lauderdale, the team from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will evaluate your case today for free. Call (954) 476-1000 to get started.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Can Build a Strong Case for Compensation in Your Fort Lauderdale T-Bone Accident
When you trust your Fort Lauderdale side-impact collision accident case to a T-bone collision accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, you will always work with one of our founding partners directly. Jason Chalik or Debi Chalik handle every case we accept.
During your complimentary consultation with a member of our team, we will review the facts of your case and help you understand if you suffered injuries serious enough to file a liability claim under FL § 627.737. If so, we can request your relevant medical records and get started building a case that will allow us to pursue compensation by:
- Filing an insurance claim based on the at-fault driver’s auto liability policy
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver in civil court
As a part of proving negligence, liability, and the value of your accident-related damages, we will gather evidence that may include:
- Any available video of the accident
- Photos from the accident scene
- The police report and other related documents
- Interviews with eyewitnesses
- Testimony from accident reconstruction specialists
- Surveys of the accident scene
- Documentation of your injuries, expenses, and losses
Once we complete our case, we can file an insurance claim and start negotiations with the insurance company on your behalf. This process often allows us to recover a fair payout for our clients. If the insurance company refuses to pay what you deserve, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial.
Recoverable Damages in a Fort Lauderdale T-Bone Collision Accident
As a part of our investigation into your accident, we will gather documentation and other evidence to prove the value of your case. This requires us to identify a wide range of expenses and losses you endured because of the accident, your injuries, and your treatment. Proof of these damages may include:
- Ambulance bills
- All your related medical bills
- Receipts for prescriptions or medical devices you purchased
- Receipts for parking at the hospital or doctor’s office
- Proof of your lost wages
- Bills from any counseling provided by a mental health specialist related to the accident or your injuries
- Estimates to repair or replace your vehicle
- Receipts for any other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident
We will also need to take additional steps to prove the cost of any future medical care you will likely need. This may require us to call in a medical expert to get a better understanding of your prognosis and care needs.
The medical expert may also play a role in helping us prove your pain and suffering damages. The value of noneconomic damages in a car accident case depends greatly on:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- Your age and the impact your injuries will have on the rest of your life
- Whether or not you have permanent disfigurement or disability
- How injuries have affected your everyday life
A T-bone collision accident lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL will know how to calculate a fair settlement value for your case and will pursue a payout to cover your losses on your behalf.
Talk to a T-Bone Collision Accident Attorney Serving Fort Lauderdale
If you suffered injuries in a side-impact accident in Fort Lauderdale, you only have a short time to take legal action against the at-fault party. FL § 95.11 limits how long you can wait to file a personal injury lawsuit. For this reason, we recommend reaching out to our team as soon as possible after your accident.
We can review your case and help you understand if you qualify to pursue compensation through a fault-based claim or personal injury lawsuit. Let one of the principal attorneys from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers take on your Fort Lauderdale car accident case. We offer free initial consultations, and you pay nothing unless we recover compensation for you. Call (954) 476-1000 now to get started.