Since cars were designed for adults, keeping small children safe can be challenging. However, various safety devices can offer additional protection to kids. Of these, child car seats can significantly increase the safety of family traveling. However, when these devices malfunction, they can lead to severe physical injuries. If your child suffered an injury caused by a defective car seat, Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers can help you claim damages to cover medical expenses. Contact our child car sear malfunction attorneys in Fort Lauderdale to discuss your case.
Child Seat Inspections Could Prevent Child Injuries in Fort Lauderdale Auto Accidents
When bringing a child into this world, it is important to not only give your child love and care but also to protect your child and provide safety in any way you can. Parents often mistakenly fail to provide such protection and safety for their children in the area of child safety seats. Although most parents want to provide protection for their children, some parents do not fully understand the importance of child seat safety requirements. It is not enough to put a child in a car seat and buckle them. Many things can go wrong in a Fort Lauderdale car crash if a child is not properly secured in the appropriate child safety seat for their age, height, and weight. A child seat safety inspection could prevent an accident.
Find a Fort Lauderdale Child Car Seat Malfunction Lawyer
Near Me (954) 476-1000
Child Passenger Safety Week
September 18 – 24 is Child Passenger Safety Week, and parents can go to their local police or fire department to have their child’s safety seat inspected.
Child safety seat tips include:
- Infants should ride in a rear-facing car seat designed especially for newborns.
- Children need to be fastened with the car’s three-point seat belt safety system.
- Children should graduate to different car seats based on their weight, height, and age.
- Never allow your children to ride in a car seat if their heads stick out over the top.
- Purchasing a used child safety seat is not recommended.
- Check your child’s safety seat expiration date and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
If your child was injured in an auto accident in Fort Lauderdale due to another’s negligence, please contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers to schedule your free legal consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (954) 476-1000