When you’re riding your motorcycle, it gives you a sense of peace. But when other drivers don’t take caution and respect your space, it can turn into a nightmare. A Davie motorcycle accident lawyer can help you if you’ve been injured in a crash.
Our personal injury lawyers in Davie, FL, at Chalik & Chalik, have been helping motorcycle accident victims since 1995. We can give you a free consultation and help you get the damages you qualify for.
What Kinds of Accidents Can You Suffer Injuries in As a Motorcyclist?
As a motorcyclist traveling on the road, you are much more vulnerable to a variety of accidents than other cars are. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Davie, FL, have compiled a list of the most common types of accidents:
- Car accidents: Collisions with automobiles, especially those making turns, are a leading cause of motorcycle crashes. Cars may pull out in front of or turn into the path of the motorcycle.
- Road debris accidents: Motorcyclists are vulnerable to losing control when hitting road debris like gravel, sand, oil slicks, potholes, or other items on the road surface.
- Single-vehicle accidents: Without airbags or a protective shell, motorcyclists face risk even in solo falls or crashes, such as dropping the bike or losing control of a curve.
- Rear-end accidents: Automobiles following too closely can rear-end a motorcycle, throwing the rider from the vehicle.
- Head-on collisions: Oncoming vehicles can swerve into the motorcycle’s lane or make turns unsafely, leading to head-on impacts.
- Intersection accidents: Motorcycles are more easily hidden from view at intersections, risking crashes with vehicles that violate rights-of-way.
- Merging accidents: Large vehicles like trucks can fail to see motorcycles when merging or changing lanes, knocking riders from their bikes.
Find a Davie Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer
Near Me (855) 529-0269
When Should You File Your Motorcycle Accident Claim in Florida?
Florida’s statute of limitations for motorcycle accidents gives you two years from the crash to file your claim. However, you could have a different deadline than what the law states. Certain details of your case could extend or shorten your deadline.
Factors that could extend your deadline include the liable party not cooperating with legal action or if you are a minor. Factors that could shorten your deadline include severe injuries that require immediate medical attention or if you’re holding a state or federal government liable.
Filing your claim early is the best way to guarantee that you file on time. When you meet with our team, we can help you file.
Chalik & Chalik Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
Injuries You Could Suffer in a Motorcycle Accident
When you’re hit as a motorcyclist, you’re most likely to sustain severe injuries. Here are some of the most common injuries our motorcycle accident lawyer in Davie, FL, has seen in accidents:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries such as internal bleeding
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
After you’ve been injured in any way, you must seek medical attention. By having a doctor diagnose your injuries, you might discover that you have more severe injuries. A diagnosis will benefit you in two ways: getting proper medical treatment and possibly being eligible for more damages.
Click to contact Chalik & Chalik's Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer today
Damages a Davie Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help You Recover
When you suffer injuries in a motorcycle accident, there are three types of damages you can recover. Our team can help you recover:
Economic damages compensate you for financial losses from your accident-related injuries. A precise calculation holds the at-fault party fully accountable for costs resulting from their reckless actions against you. Here are some of the economic damages you can recover:
- Loss of income
- Medical costs
- Transportation costs
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of household services
- Property damage
Non-economic damages play an important role for you, separate from recovered economic losses. While medical costs and lost wages address tangible financial impacts on you, non-economic damages acknowledge the mental and physical suffering you’ve experienced as a result of your injuries.
These damages compensate for ways your injury has affected your quality of life in non-monetary terms. Fully compensating you for being seriously hurt due to someone else’s fault or negligence requires considering non-economic damages to account for how your lifestyle or well-being has been limited beyond quantitative measures. Some of the non-economic damages a motorcycle accident attorney at Chalik & Chalik can recover for you include:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship
The final type of damages you can recover are punitive damages. These damages are not guaranteed and only apply when the liable party was grossly negligent. You can talk to your team to find out if you qualify for this damage.
For a free legal consultation with a Chalik & Chalik lawyer serving Davie, call (855) 529-0269
How does a Davie Motorcycle Accident Attorney Prove Negligence in a Crash?
To prove that the other party was negligent in their actions, we will use a variety of evidence to prove the elements of negligence. The elements of negligence include duty of care, breach of duty of care, connection to the injury, and actual damages. Here is some of the evidence we will use to prove the parties’ negligence:
- Conduct independent accident reconstruction: Using data from the scene and vehicles, a reconstruction expert may provide evidence showing which party violated traffic laws.
- Obtain surveillance or cell phone videos: Footage caught near the crash can sometimes capture negligent actions on video.
- Medical records: Reports from first responders and EMTs may include observations of the injuries, road conditions, and who they believe was responsible.
- Arrange expert witness testimony: Specialists in fields like traffic engineering, biomechanics, or motorcycle safety can analyze the evidence and provide opinions to establish a breach of duty of care.
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
At Chalik & Chalik, our team of motorcycle accident attorneys in Davie, FL, is ready to help you get justice for the losses you’ve suffered. We’ll be here for you and your family at every step.
Contact us today for a free consultation.
Call or text Chalik & Chalik (855) 529-0269