Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are Uber & Lyft accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL. You may be eligible to recover compensation after a car accident using Uber and/or Lyft’s rideshare services. For a free case evaluation, call (561) 899-5020.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers represent drivers, passengers, motorists, or pedestrians injured in an Uber or Lyft accident. If you were involved in an Uber or Lyft accident, you might be eligible for compensation. It is possible that you can recover compensation for medical bills, property damage, and other expenses. You deserve to know your legal options. Call our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in West Palm Beach at (561) 899-5020.
How You Benefit From Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers
Uber and Lyft drivers are considered independent contractors, not company employees. This makes assigning fault more complicated. Also, Florida is a no-fault accident state. Your personal insurance coverage is usually the first source for potential compensation. However, “no-fault” in this context refers to insurance coverage. It does not absolve accountability for someone’s negligence. An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in West Palm Beach will explain your potential compensation options.
Let Us Speak to the Insurance Adjuster for You
There are a few reasons why Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers recommend to our clients that we speak on their behalf to insurance adjusters. The most important reason is that you could be recuperating from injuries at home or in the hospital. The other reasons why you should let an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer from our firm speak for you include:
- We are skilled negotiators who have successfully recovered compensation for our clients since 2003.
- We understand Florida’s unique liability and insurance statutes.
- We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
- We do not charge attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Personal Ride-Share Operators With Passengers Must Carry $1 Million in Coverage
Florida law requires personal ride-sharing drivers to carry insurance for when they are logged on to their application and when they are transporting passengers. Uber, Lyft, and other ride-share drivers must have a $1 million liability insurance policy when they have passengers.
Personal Ride-share Operators Logged on to App but Without Passengers Must Carry:
- $100,000 insurance for bodily injury or death
- $25,000 for property damage
How we Determine Liability in an Uber or Lyft Accident
Accidents might be unintentional, but usually someone is responsible. Uber and Lyft drivers must supply safe transportation for passengers who hire them. If we show the driver or another party is liable, you might be eligible for compensation for damages. As Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, we have a process to find who is at-fault:
- Duty of care requires that drivers follow the rules of the road and responsibly conduct themselves.
- Negligence occurs when drivers do not obey traffic laws and act in an unsafe manner.
- Causation occurs when this negligent behavior causes injury to others.
- Damages are the physical, mental, and financial result of these injuries.
Florida Law Has Specific Regulations for Uber and Lyft Drivers
A lawyer from our firm will also check to see if the ride-share driver followed Florida law. As part of a transportation network company, all personal ride-sharing services in the state must provide:
- Background checks on all drivers.
- Operations audits to state agencies every two years.
- Information on digital networks to local and state enforcement agencies.
We will review police reports, witness statements, and other information about your accident. It is crucial that you give us your account of the accident. Please keep all receipts, bills, or pay stubs as financial damages. We invite you to call (561) 899-5020 for a free case evaluation. If you cannot meet at our office, we will come to you.
Recoverable Compensation Can Help Make You Whole
As Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in West Palm Beach, we pursue available compensation for injured clients. You have the right to seek compensation even if criminal charges were filed against the liable party. An attorney from Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will evaluate your case to determine if you are eligible to pursue compensation.
We Have Recovered Millions of Dollars for Clients
Our firm has recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. This gave them the resources to pay medical bills and other expenses. While we cannot guarantee your compensation, we promise that we will work hard for the best possible outcome. We will seek available compensation for accident-related expenses such as:
- Medical costs including ambulance, emergency department, doctors’ visits, hospitalization, medical tests, prescriptions, and therapy if applicable.
- Lost wages for days missed due to the accident.
- Property damage including vehicles, bicycles, cell phones, and personal items.
- Pain and suffering that includes depression, anxiety, and other psychological damages from the accident.
We Represent Drivers, Motorists, Passengers, and Pedestrians Injured in Ride-share Accidents
The first action for anyone injured in an Uber or Lyft accident is to get medical care. You should see a medical professional as soon as possible after the accident. Undiagnosed health issues can affect your physical, mental, and financial well-being for years. After you have received medical care, call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach at (561) 899-5020 for a free case evaluation.
Our Family Fighting for Your Family
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers was founded in 2003 by husband and wife Jason and Debi Chalik. Their Florida law firm’s slogan is “our family fighting for your family”. In addition to Uber and Lyft accidents, our other personal injury practice areas include:
- Birth injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Tire failures
- Defective drugs
- Car, motorcycle, and truck accidents
- Workplace injuries
For a free case evaluation, call (561) 899-5020.