Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer In Tampa, FL
Tampa, FL, is a popular tourist area and many locals use rideshare companies like Uber & Lyft to earn extra income while showing visitors the beautiful city. A pleasant commuting experience, however, can quickly go wrong after you experience a car accident.
It is not always clear what steps you should take after an Uber or Lyft accident. You may wonder if the company you work for will cover your damages. You might also worry that you could be liable for any passenger’s damages.
Chalik and Chalik fights for our client against UBERWe were honored to represent our client in a prior case. When tragedy struck and she was killed in an automobile accident, her family reached out to us again. Our client was on the road and was driving for UBER. She did not have a passenger in her car, but the Uber App was on. She was struck by a drunk driver and lost her life. Our client’s Uninsured motorist insurance as well as the UM insurance for UBER, denied coverage. Chalik and Chalik filed suit. We fought UBER and Progressive and the claims have been resolved to the satisfaction of the family of our former client. We feel blessed that families trust us to represent their loved ones who have been lost through the fault of others.
Important Steps To Take After A Rideshare Accident
Completing these steps after a rideshare accident can ensure that you protect your legal rights and remain eligible for any compensation that you deserve.
- Seek medical care: Always seek medical attention following an Uber & Lyft accident. Even if you feel fine, it is possible that symptoms of an injury will not show up until much later. By then, it can be difficult to determine that the accident was the cause of the injury.
- Document everything: It is also crucial that you document your steps after an accident. Keep all medical records, invoices, and a copy of the police report. This may be a critical step in building your legal case.
- Notify your insurance: Many insurance providers have strict deadlines in which you must inform them of an accident.
- Notify Uber or Lyft: Depending on your rideshare agreement, they may also require that you notify them within a set period.
- Discuss your case with an Uber or Lyft accident lawyer: It is vital that you evaluate your legal options as soon as possible. Florida only allows car accident cases up to four years after the date of the accident. However, waiting too long can make it challenging to collect important information and build your case. Reach out to a lawyer as soon as possible at 813-879-3719.
Causes Of Tampa Uber & Lyft Accidents
Rideshare accidents can occur in any situation in which the driver, or another driver, is negligent. Just a few examples of negligence that might happen include:
- Driving under the influence
- Texting and driving
- Aggressive driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Unsafe roads
- Mechanical failure
The severity of the injuries often depends on how serious the rideshare accident was. Both drivers, as well as passengers, can suffer head and neck injuries, spinal injuries, lacerations, broken bones, paralysis, and even death. While recovering compensation might not eliminate the pain you are experiencing from an injury; it can help you cover the costs of medical care and procedures needed to manage it better. Call us today at 813-879-3719.
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Are Dedicated To Your Case
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we understand how overwhelming it can be to deal with an Uber or Lyft accident. We will help you navigate your case from the very beginning to the end.
The complimentary consultation offers you a no-obligation meeting to better evaluate your legal options. Navigating a rideshare case can be incredibly overwhelming, and we can provide you with some clarity into that process. Call us today to schedule your free consultation at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 813-879-3719.
Placing a value on your rideshare damages is important. This will help us demonstrate just how significant the accident is to your life. It can also help us evaluate any settlement offers.
We will factor the following costs into your damages:
- Current and future medical costs
- Property damages
- Rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages and work benefits
- Childcare costs
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Navigate Your Legal Case
The policies surrounding a rideshare case differ from that of a traditional car accident case. For example, your insurance company may attempt to deny your claim, stating that you were using the car for work purposes. Consequently, Uber or Lyft may also try to deny your claim, stating that you are an independent contractor, not an employee.
You may be eligible for coverage through Uber or Lyft if you were actively transporting a customer at the time. Rideshare companies do carry liability insurance to protect their drivers, but the requirements are strict. We are familiar with these filing requirements and can help you confidently navigate your case.
Represent You In A Time Of Need
Managing the complicated legal process surrounding rideshares can be overwhelming as you are already dealing with injuries. Leave the legal process to us while you focus on your recovery. We will manage every aspect of the process on your behalf including communication with both insurance companies, filing your claims, and evaluating any settlements. You can place your trust in our Uber & Lyft car accident lawyers to get you the compensation that you deserve.
Reach Out To An Tampa Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Today
The legal team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers understands just how frustrating this process can be. We will remain in constant communication with you as we navigate this difficult case. We will ensure that you get answers to your questions. We will fight to protect your rights and get you the compensation that you deserve.
Reach out to a Tampa Uber & Lyft accident lawyer today at 813-879-3719.