Southwest Florida International Airport Slip And Fall Lawyer
The Southwest Florida International Airport is also referred to as the Lee County Port Authority and is governed by the Lee County Board of County Commissioners/Board of Port Commissioners. Each Commissioner names a person from the business community as a member of the Airports Special Management Committee relating to all matters regarding the Southwest Florida International Airport and Page Field.
The airport was certified for operation in May 1983 and is now one of the top 50 airports for passenger traffic in the U.S. It boasts a new state-of-the-art terminal built in 2005. The Southwest Florida International Airport served 8.6 million passengers in 2016 and today 14 airline partners offer nonstop service throughout North America with international service to Canada and Germany. They even offer a Service Animal/Pet Relief Area.
The airport is located in Fort Myers at 11000 Terminal Access Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33913, USA and serves the greater Southwest Florida area, which includes Marco Island and the Everglades, Captiva, Greater Naples, Fort Myers, Cape Coral, Sanibel, Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf Islands. Visitors can find themselves on the beach within 30 minutes of landing by accessing Interstate 75 and U.S. 41.
The Southwest Florida International Airport has 14 airlines offering service to busy passengers:
- Jet Blue
- American Airlines
- Air Canada
- AirTran Airways
- Choice Aire
- Frontier Airlines
- Silver Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Sun Country Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
If passengers need a rental car at the Southwest Florida International airport, there are eight agencies to choose from:
- Dollar Rent A Car
- Budget Car Rental
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
This modern and busy airport is a teeming mass of humanity rushing to make a flight, greet people, see friends and loved ones off on a journey, pick up a rental car or snag baggage off the carousel. With all the confusion there is the chance a person may trip over something and unexpectedly slip and fall.
Possible causes of slip and fall injuries at airports:
- Stairs missing handrails
- Stairs with defective handrails
- A mopped or cleaned floor not marked with warning cones
- Wet or damp stairs
- Pockmarked or broken walking surfaces
- Cracked, chipped or broken tile
- Poorly laid carpet
- Badly laid flooring material
- Uneven stairs
- Poor, bad or no lighting
- A wet or uneven jet bridge flooring
- A torn carpet/wet entrance mat to the airport or plane
- Uneven drain caps
- Defective or badly maintained escalator surfaces
Common injuries due to slip and fall accidents at airports:
- Shoulder injuries
- Neck trauma
- Pelvic fractures
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken or fractured limbs
For any of slip and fall related injury, at the Southwest Florida International Airport, it is possible to recover compensation for the following:
- Current medical expenses
- Lost wages, loss of consortium
- Future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
Proving Negligence and Liability in Slip and Fall Accidents
For and individual or entity to be found negligent and liable for damages in a slip and fall accident, a property owner, worker or worker’s agent must have acted negligently prior to an accident.
Some issues a slip and fall attorney must consider before filing a case are:
- Was there limited visibility in the accident location?
- Was the dangerous condition long long enough for it to have been remedied?
- Was the area checked often for hazards?
- Is there a record of hazards that were fixed?
- Do any notes exist about the accident site before the slip and fall?
- Was the accident location under construction?
- Did the plaintiff slip and fall in the construction location?
- Could the construction area/hazardous location have been moved?
- Could the dangerous location been blocked off?
Call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 855-529-0269 for a free consultation with a lawyer.
To speak directly to an airport slip and fall injury lawyer, contact Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at their Southwest Florida Myers location:
1500 Colonial Blvd
Fort Myers, Florida 33907