Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer in Sarasota, FL
More Floridians than ever use Uber and Lyft instead of conventional taxi and car rental services. It is estimated that there are 40,000 Uber drivers alone in the Sunshine State. Unfortunately, there are also more (941) 315-4404 for a free case evaluation.
Why You Should Call an Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Sarasota
An accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle is different than a collision with a private car. Ride-share operators must have $1 million in liability insurance when they have passengers. When they are not transporting people, they must carry $100,000 protection for bodily injury or death and $25,000 in property damage insurance. It is important that you understand what this insurance coverage means for you if you suffered physical, mental, or financial harm.
We Represent Injured Passengers, Motorists, Drivers, and Pedestrians
As Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in (941) 315-4404 for a free case evaluation to find out how we can help you.
We Understand Florida’s Liability and Insurance Statutes
Florida is a no-fault insurance state. This is an insurance coverage term. No-fault does not remove accountability for the responsible person. If an Uber or Lyft driver acted unlawfully or with malicious intent, he or she could face criminal charges. Regardless of any criminal arrests or trial, you have the right to pursue compensation for expenses and losses such as:
- Medical bills including ambulance, emergency department, hospitalization, doctors and specialists, rehabilitative therapy, and prescriptions.
- Lost wages from missed work.
- Pain and suffering that includes depression, anxiety, and other mental and psychological trauma.
- Property damage including car repair, replacement, and personal items that were damaged.
Discover How Our Uber and Lyft Accident Law Firm Benefits You
Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers help injured people pursue recoverable compensation to make them whole after an accident. Our firm’s founders, Jason and Debi Chalik, are husband and wife lawyers who care deeply about their clients and community. We have recovered millions of dollars in compensation from settlements and verdicts. As a client, you may expect:
- Personal care and attention
- Experience in many types of personal injury cases including Uber and Lyft accidents
- Focused recovery efforts for your physical, mental, and financial damages
- Free case evaluation at our office or your home if you are still recuperating
- No attorney fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation
For your free case evaluation, call Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at (941) 315-4404.
You Should Have an Advocate After the Accident
We have represented injured clients since 2003, and we know that insurance companies try to deny or undervalue legitimate claims. That is why we urge you to avoid talking to an insurance adjuster until an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer from our firm has reviewed your case. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees unless and until we have recovered compensation.
Uber and Lyft Drivers Must Follow Florida Guidelines
In addition to required insurance coverage, Uber and Lyft operators in Florida must also follow state ride-share regulations. As contractors with a transportation network company, all personal ride-sharing services in the state must provide:
- Background checks on all drivers.
- Operations audits to state agencies every two years.
- Information on digital networks to local and state enforcement agencies.
We will examine your claim for violations of these statutes or other operator errors. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will also review:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Medical bills and diagnosis reports
- Accident photographs and diagrams, if available
After we have compiled the necessary documents, we will file an insurance claim for you. Our lawyers are skilled negotiators who will work for an acceptable and fair settlement. If necessary, we will take your case to trial. For a free case evaluation, call (941) 315-4404.
We Are Here to Help if the Unthinkable Happens
Tragically, there have been lives lost in Uber and Lyft accidents. If you lost a loved one in a ride-share accident, an Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Sarasota can help you pursue a wrongful death claim.
Compensation in a wrongful death claim is complex. Both the economic and noneconomic worth of your loved one must be considered. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers has helped many people through the emotional but often necessary wrongful death cases.
We Will Seek the Full Value of Life for You and Surviving Family Members
Often the untimely passing of a loved one creates a financial strain on surviving family members. That is why we calculate the entire economic and personal contributions if your loved one had lived to a normal life expectancy. We carefully consider your loved one’s potential earnings and benefits. We also look at emotional contributions, such as companionship or parental guidance. Wrongful death claims often can include:
- Loss of future earnings
- Loss of companionship, care, experience, judgment, and protection
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of parental guidance
- Medical expenses before death
- Funeral and burial expenses
If a loved one passed away from an Uber or Lyft (941) 315-4404 for a free case evaluation at our office or your home.