Can I file a birth injury lawsuit for cerebral palsy?
Cerebral palsy can be the basis for a birth injury lawsuit, if the injury was caused by a medical mistake.
Cerebral palsy is a group of movement disorders that is caused by abnormal development or damage to the brain. Symptoms vary widely, but often include weak or stiff muscles, poor coordination and tremors. Babies born with cerebral palsy may learn to sit, roll over, crawl and walk more slowly than other children.
Cerebral palsy develops due to a malformation or injury to the brain during the labor and delivery process. If that injury was caused by a mistake made by doctors or other medical personnel, then a birth injury lawsuit may be appropriate for the family to obtain compensation. Not every case of cerebral palsy is caused by medical malpractice, but for those that are, it is important that medical providers be held accountable and families receive the help they need with medical bills.
If your child suffered a birth injury that you believe may have been the result of medical malpractice, contact Chalik & Chalik Law Offices for a free consultation to learn more about your rights.
Other Frequently Asked Questions About Birth Injury:
- How do I know if I have a birth injury case?
- How long do I have to file a birth injury lawsuit?
- What is a birth injury?
- Can I file a birth injury lawsuit for cerebral palsy?
- Can I file a birth injury lawsuit for Erb’s Palsy?
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Uber Driver Gets Into An Accident In Florida?
- Is My Doctor Responsible for Erb’s Palsy?
- Can You File A Lawsuit Against The Company If You Get In A Car Accident While In A Taxi In Florida?
- Who Pays For Your Medical Bills After A Car Accident You Did Not Cause In Florida?
- How do I know if I have a medical malpractice case?