If you suffered injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident, you may be entitled to compensation. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to get your damages covered.
Chalik and Chalik fights for our client against UBERWe were honored to represent our client in a prior case. When tragedy struck and she was killed in an automobile accident, her family reached out to us again. Our client was on the road and was driving for UBER. She did not have a passenger in her car, but the Uber App was on. She was struck by a drunk driver and lost her life. Our client’s Uninsured motorist insurance as well as the UM insurance for UBER, denied coverage. Chalik and Chalik filed suit. We fought UBER and Progressive and the claims have been resolved to the satisfaction of the family of our former client. We feel blessed that families trust us to represent their loved ones who have been lost through the fault of others.
How to Protect Your Rights After an Uber or Lyft Accident
According to Uber and Lyft policies, they expect drivers to ensure the safety of all parties, call 911 if necessary, and then contact either Uber or Lyft.
Miami Uber & Lyft Accidents Lawyer Near Me (855) 529-0269
5 Additional Steps: “How To Protect Your Legal Rights?”
- Step 1: Seek medical care: Always seek medical care following an Uber or Lyft accident. Waiting too long can make it difficult, if not impossible, to connect the accident to your injury.
- Step 2: Notify the police: If the driver did not call police, make sure you notify the police and file a report of the accident. The police report is an important part of the process.
- Step 3: Document everything: In addition to seeking medical care, it is also crucial that you begin to document everything. These documents may be very important in building your car accident case.
- Step 4: Call your insurance company: Many insurance companies require that you notify them of an accident as soon as possible.
- Step 5: Discuss your case with a Miami Uber or Lyft car accident lawyer: There are many problems that can arise during your claim. Your insurance company may attempt to avoid paying you and the rideshare company may limit their coverage. It is important that you discuss your options with a car accident lawyer who is familiar with Miami’s Uber and Lyft rideshare laws as soon as possible at 305-944-2035.
Types of Uber and Lyft Accidents We Handle
Accidents can and do happen when using a rideshare service. Although there are many potential causes of Uber and Lyft accidents, these are a few of the most common that our Uber accident lawyers in Miami have come across:
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence
- Aggressive driving
- Lack of knowledge or failing to follow local laws and road rules
- Mechanical problems
Any of these potential rideshare accident causes can leave drivers and passengers with severe injuries such as broken bones, back and neck problems, traumatic brain injuries, and even paralysis.
How Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers Will Assist With Your Uber & Lyft Car Accident Case
It can be incredibly overwhelming navigating an Uber or Lyft car accident case. Each party may attempt to send you in circles to avoid covering your damages. We will help you navigate the legal process, getting you the compensation that you deserve.
The legal process in Miami, FL can be complicated on its own. When you factor in the laws surrounding rideshare companies, it can be even more difficult to navigate. A complimentary consultation allows us to evaluate the details of your case and help you decide on the best legal process to take going forward. Call 305-944-2035 for a free, no-obligation consultation with our team today.
What information do lawyers need to make a case?
- Medical records
- Police report
- Witness statements
- Driver report
- Background check and hiring documents
- Lost wages
- Photos or video surveillance from the scene of the accident
Car accidents can leave you with many short and long-term damages. We will help you calculate your damages including the following types of costs:
- Medical costs
- Rehabilitative costs
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary transportation
These costs make up your compensatory amount and can help you evaluate any potential settlement offers.
File An Appeal
Unfortunately, it is possible that you will face resistance when filing a claim. The insurance company may attempt to deny your claim for any number of reasons.
Uber and Lyft also tend to have strict requirements as to what and who, they cover. This is where you can run into problems. Our Uber and Lyft accident lawyers in Miami, FL will investigate your accident and determine applicable insurance coverages.
Navigate Florida’s Legal Requirements
In addition to building your case, it is crucial that we stay within Florida’s strict filing requirements. Florida law requires that we file all car accident cases within four years of the date of the accident. However, it is important to keep in mind that Uber, Lyft, and individual insurance companies may have different filing requirements.
Working with a trusted Uber car accident lawyer in Miami that is familiar with these filing requirements can help you stay within the time limits, keeping you eligible for the compensation that you deserve.
Work With A Miami Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer You Can Trust
You thought you were making the responsible decision by using a rideshare service to spend the night celebrating with your friends. However, an accident has led to you suffering from severe injuries that now prevent you from returning to work. Our Miami Uber accident lawyers can help.