Child Seat Inspections Could Prevent Child Injuries in Fort Lauderdale Auto Accidents
When bringing a child into this world, it is important to not only give your child love and care, but also to protect your child and provide safety any way you can. Parents often mistakenly fail to provide such protection and safety for their children in the area of child safety seats.
Although most parents want to provide protection for their child, some parents do not fully understand the importance of child seat safety requirements. It is not enough to put a child in a car seat and buckle them. There are many things that can go wrong in a Fort Lauderdale car crash if a child is not properly secured in the appropriate child safety seat for their age, height, and weight.
Child Passenger Safety Week
September 18 – 24 is Child Passenger Safety Week, and parents can go to their local police or fire department to have their child safety seat inspected.
Child safety seat tips include:
- Infants should ride in a rear-facing car seat designed especially for newborns.
- Children need to be fastened with the car’s three-point seat belt safety system.
- Children should graduate to different car seats based on their weight, height, and age.
- Never allow your children to ride in a car seat if their heads stick out over the top.
- Purchasing a used child safety seat is not recommended.
- Check your child safety seat expiration date and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
If your child was injured in an auto accident in Fort Lauderdale due to another’s negligence, please call Chalik & Chalik at (855) 529-0269 to schedule your free legal consultation.