Truck Accident Lawyer In Fort Myers, FL
Many truck drivers utilize the roadways of Florida. Unfortunately, this means truck accidents are a risk. Suffering a truck accident can leave you with severe injuries requiring medical care. You might also need to take time off work to recover, making it difficult to cover household expenses.
The team at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers is familiar with the local laws as they apply to truck accidents. A truck accident lawyer in Fort Myers, FL can help you recover the costs a truck accident has left you with. Call us today at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers at 239-360-3029.
If you live in Plantation, Florida and need truck accident lawyer, please visit our Plantation truck accident lawyer page.
Getting You The Compensation That You Deserve
Many of the same factors leading to an automobile accident can also cause a truck accident. The difference is, truck accidents often result in more severe of damages. The weight and size of commercial trucks are much larger than personal automobiles.
Truck Accident Causes
At Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers, we’ve worked with many truck accident victims in the Fort Myers area to get them the compensation they deserve. The following are a few common causes of truck accidents we’ve come across:
- Driving under the influence
- Improper maintenance of the truck
- Fatigued driving
- Lack of knowledge of local and federal laws
- Tire tread separation
Truck accidents are often severe, leaving the victim with life-changing injuries including broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, back and neck injuries, and permanent disabilities. In some cases, victims die from their injuries.
Liability in a Truck Accident
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) expects truck drivers to know local as well as federal rules regarding truck driving. For example, they have rules limiting the number of hours they can drive in each shift. They also have limits on the weight they can carry.
Truck drivers are also forbidden from texting and driving.
Out Fort Myers truck accident lawyers are familiar with these laws. We’ll work to uncover the cause of your truck accident. It’s only right the responsible party covers the costs you’ve incurred. Call our team today to get started: 239-360-3029.
Several Potential Liable Parties
In many cases, the truck driver will not be your only liable party. We will likely also be able to hold the truck driver’s employer liable. This can mean a bigger payout for you.
Truck Accident Recoverable Damages
Suffering a truck accident can leave you with a lot of unexpected costs. We’ll work hard to recover the following damages:
- Medical costs
- Surgical costs
- Temporary childcare
- Property damage
- Rehabilitative costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Truck Accident Statute Of Limitations
With so many expenses adding up, it’s important we begin the legal process as soon as possible. Florida requires we file all truck accident cases within four years from the date of the accident. However, there are some details which can complicate this time limit, such as wrongful death.
Waiting too long to file your truck accident case can deem you ineligible for the compensation you deserve. Call to see how one of our truck accident lawyers in Fort Myers can help you: 239-360-3029.
How We Will Help You With Your Truck Accident Case
Although federal and state laws work to protect drivers on the road from dangerous truck accidents, they can, and still, do occur. The injury lawyers at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will fight to get you the compensation that you deserve.
- Complimentary Consultation: A 100 percent free, no-obligation consultation allows us to get to know you and the details of your case. After this, we’ll begin collecting important documents including police reports, witness statements, photographs, and medical records to better understand your case.
- Communication: It can be incredibly overwhelming handling communications while you’re dealing with an injury. We’ll handle all communications with legal teams, courts, and insurance providers, allowing you to focus on your health.
- Negotiation: The at-fault party’s insurance company may attempt to offer you a settlement. However, if the settlement offer does not appropriately cover your costs, we’re ready to fight to get you what you deserve.
- Represent You: It’s important to have someone on your side during this difficult time. The responsible party may attempt to reduce their liability or push some of the blame on you. Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers will represent you every step of the way, keeping your best interests in mind the entire time.
Hire A Truck Accident Lawyer In Fort Myers Today
The lawyers at Chalik & Chalik Injury Lawyers are familiar with the local and federal laws as they apply to truck accidents in the Fort Myers area. We also understand the many expenses following a severe truck accident. We’ve worked to recover damages in many local truck accident cases.